Hello from Nashville TN

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

bigtwin

Hello from Nashville TN

Postby bigtwin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:08 pm

I am brand new and I am sure I have some teething pains to deal with....I have restored and drag raced cars (Fords recently) and even restored an airplane...But this is my first older boat...I have no idea why, but I recently boat a small Sea Sprite Sea Imp with an Evinrude Big twin 40 on it...It was running as of 2014 but I have yet to crank it.I have oredered a repair manual but that is it so far....As to me I am 56 and male...I do I.T. type work but I have built my own race engines and transmissions..I would love to hear from any of you about where to find parts and to maybe meet anyone close by......Mack

Dave Grason

Re: Hello from Nashville TN

Postby Dave Grason » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Welcome to the forum. We are always glad to meet new enthusiasts. If you look at my location, you'll notice that is says Nashville but I actually live in Clarksville these days and I have just never updated my profile.

I've been building a Zip with a 40hp Evinrude Big Twin. The project has stagnated because of a divorce, the loss of my business and my subsiquent matriculation at Austin Peay State University. Right now, everything is under tarps waiting for me to get back. I am really hoping to do that soon. Maybe you can provide some motivation for me. :wink:

I would love to see your project. If I know I have to show you mine, this could very well be the impetus to get me going again. I'll share whatever I can with you.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”