New member from NSW Australia

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

jaguarrh

New member from NSW Australia

Postby jaguarrh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:54 am

Hi all,

Just introducing myself to the community.

I've been working with wood for a long time and also been lurking around wooden boat forums for quite a while.

I finally find myself with a nice big shed and some collected tools and I am going to take the plunge (figuratively speaking I hope) :)

I live south of Sydney Australia in a town called Tahmoor and I am seriously considering a Key Largo for my first build.

I have owned a set of Goat Island Skiff plans for many years but never got around to building it. I now realise that this is probably driven by a lack of interest in learning to sail. So what better way to solve that issue, other than whacking in a V8 engine, could there possibly be??? :lol:

Anyway, I am preparing my first questions for the wealth of knowledge on here. Hope to speak with some of you soon.

Rob
Rob

Building a Key Largo

:mrgreen:

Roberta

Re: New member from NSW Australia

Postby Roberta » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:54 am

Welcome aboard!!! Key Largo will be a nice build Keep us posted.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

jaguarrh

Postby jaguarrh » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Wow, how time flies...

I can't believe it was 14 months ago when I made my introductory post... :shock:

By way of explanation, when I originally posted my hello, my lovely wife was just beginning on a journey of severe back pain and I have been trying to pick up the slack through what has been a lengthy diagnosis, treatment, surgery and rehabilitation process. Happily, I can report that this process is now drawing to a close and Mrs Jaguarrh is doing well. The surgery was successful, the rehab was ok and she is now pain free. :D :D :D

During that time I did a heap of research on materials and availability and feel that I am now in a good place to start. So this Easter weekend has marked a start date for me of 31 March 2018 and I am giving myself a conservative 3 years to complete (working evenings and weekends as I am in full time employment).

Just getting started with the building form for the Key Largo has thrown up a number of questions which I cannot immediately fathom from the plans or this forum. My search skills on Forums never seem to illicit good results it seems. So I am going to start a build thread where I can document my escapades. I hope I don't ask too many repeat questions and I vow to always exhaust the search before asking.

Here is looking forward to some good discussion and a hope that I can give back something to this community along the way.

:mrgreen: :arrow:
Rob

Building a Key Largo

:mrgreen:

hoodman

Postby hoodman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Good to see another one getting started. If you have questions ask away! The search function on this forum leaves a lot to be desired.

DrBryanJ

Postby DrBryanJ » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:47 am

Don't worry too much about questions. We always like giving our two cents worth.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”