Mainer looking forward to warmer days...

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

curtgard

Re: Mainer looking forward to warmenr days...

Postby curtgard » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Great to hear that you are going to build the True Grit. As I am just finishing up building the True Grit, I am more than happy to answer any questions on the build that you may encounter. Waiting for the ice to melt, then will be launching mine. I am sure you have checked out my build pictures.

Curt Gard

reneb41

Re: Mainer looking forward to warmer days...

Postby reneb41 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi Curt, yes I did see a few pictures of your masterpiece on here. Some of the changes I'd like to make I see that you already have such as the addition to the transom for one. What a great looking job you did. Do you have any additional pictures of the entire boat (side view) posted anywhere else? I'd love to see more of it.

Being new here is if proper etiquette to ask questions as i go directly on this thread or am I supposed to start one called something like True Grit or Questions?

Thanks, Rene

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Rene

Ask anywhere you like.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

reneb41

Postby reneb41 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks Bill,

Rene :)

reneb41

Postby reneb41 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi Curt,

When are you planning on giving your creation the trial run? I'm very anxious to hear how it's running and your results. I just made the plunge and purchased my true grit plans yesterday and can't wait to get started. I'm really curious how your extra extension of the boat for your diving platform handles. Id' like to do that as well but want to mane sure it doesn't hurt the overall performance. Good luck :-)

Rene

curtgard

Postby curtgard » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:00 am

Hi Rene

I will be launching within the next month. Just waiting for the weather to warm up a little more. I will post pictures on my build thread of the launch with details.

Curt

reneb41

Postby reneb41 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:04 am

Hi Curt,

You have my best wishes for your launch. I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing how it all works out.

Happy Sailing,

Rene

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”