Northern Noob

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Bassfan

Northern Noob

Postby Bassfan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:57 pm

Howdy folks,

I haven't received my boat plans yet but I look forward to the 'boat building journey'. My name is Wally from Ontario, Canada and while I've been an avid fisherman for many years, it will be neat to ride on something I've put together.

I have two older girls who have both said they were going to help and so, it will be family time together. A win, win if there ever was one.

Wally

BayouBengal

Re: Northern Noob

Postby BayouBengal » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Well howdy back at you, Wally!

Which Glen-L model will you and your girls be building?

Bassfan

Postby Bassfan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Hi BayouBengal,

I plan on building the PeeWee for a couple reasons. Firstly, it is my first build and I figure this one to be fairly easy. Secondly, it may be small enough to put in or on the back of my pickup. If not, I'll rig up something.

I guess there is a third reason but I'm hoping it never comes to fruition. I partnered on a boat with a buddy of mine for many years and each year, something goes wrong with the boat at about the worst time possible (just before a fishing derby). Since the PeeWee can handle 200 pounds and I am slightly less than that, I will use it as a backup plan. I know, crazy idea to fish out of a PeeWee but the alternative is unthinkable.

I plan on blogging my yearly boat trials, as they are many and quite funny.

Now on to making room in my garage before the plans arrive and things get hectic.

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Sounds great! Look forward to following your progress. BTW, I can't imagine that fishing out of a Peewee to be any more difficult than fishing from a kayak.

chugalug

Postby chugalug » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:44 pm

:roll: I was just looking at the pee wee plan and although small ,should be interesting first build.saw you-tube video of glen-l pee wee and changed mind on last post. sorry
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”