Hello From Vancouver lincoln 350mp

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

junkdog

Hello From Vancouver lincoln 350mp

Postby junkdog » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:56 am

hello

Im bryant from vancouver BC

i have a two man show that we fabricate pretty much anything steel /alu /stainless big small
also we do custom formwork for fancy concrete cnc router for that. got to feed the clan of kids

i recently had a friend sell me super cheap a riverhawk river boat that he dumped on the freeway and smashed it up
so now i get to fire up my alu welders and fix it up
i have been lurking around your forum for a while
have found some great stuff on laying out boats that we incorporated into the building of skateparks
custom formworks is all arcs and ellipses and really wacky shapes

you guys have a ton of info here you just gotta read it (not acatually watch it on youtube )

i was wondering about gleaning some of the welder setups from some you boatbuilder guys
as some of you have many hours logged with welding alu

i have a lincoln 350 mp with a python push pull setup
it works great have welded a fair bit of alu with it but i was hoping to talk with someone who has one and find out about some of the settings
that machine offers cause you almost need to be weld engineer to set it up properly

i plan on using 5052 .125 with 5356 wire to repair my boat as that i what iti is build from

have been welding for about 25 yrs
got a few hrs behind the dark glass
but still continue to learn new stuff everday

thanks

Bill Edmundson

Re: Hello From Vancouver lincoln 350mp

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:33 am

Bryant

You need to get with Kevin Morin. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3847 I think he is our most knowledgeable member for aluminum.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”