Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Jollymon

Postby Jollymon » Wed May 10, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi From Leicestershire UK.
Inspired by Joshua Burks and the great Glen L website. I have decided to go with the Zip build. Previously have only built a stich and glue canoe with the kids a couple of summers ago on a three day course in the lake district. Always fascinated by the classic wooden speedboats akin to the Chris Crafts. Garage not big enough for an inboard neither is my wallet! Plans, screws, books and wood (lumbar) purchased for the building form. Floor newly epoxy coated, bench built, itching to get started just need to finish off a couple of jobs around the house. Not really much of a woodworker but an Aircraft engineer by trade and ok with most aspects of DIY and love working with my hands but will take my time and practice and learn as I go. Mick

joshuab

Re: New member

Postby joshuab » Wed May 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Welcome to the forum, good choice on your design! Glad you watched the videos :D
I cut twice and it's still too short :mrgreen:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed May 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Mick

Welcome! Please, post your build. We find it rewarding when people look at our pictures. But, the good feeling comes when you know they helped somebody else!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Azt3k

Postby Azt3k » Wed May 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Hey there.. Another Mick.

Look forward to seeing your build!

Mick

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”