New Forum Member from Minnesota Lakes Country

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

WoodChuk

New Forum Member from Minnesota Lakes Country

Postby WoodChuk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Hello, everyone.

I stumbled across the Glen-L website about a year ago when I was looking for deck plans to help me layout a project for my Dad's Christmas present - a new cribbage board for his lake cabin. I must say, I was thrilled by the quantity and quality of plans and reference material that are available this website. But beyond that, I am constantly amazed by the dedication and quality of craftsmanship that is so often displayed by the members of this community. The build logs, the forum posts, the update photos, they are all truly inspiring.

Now, I've never considered myself a boat builder. My project experience to date is limited to remodeling projects, furniture builds, and smaller curios. Still, I can't help but be drawn to the style and elegance of the vessels being produced by this group. It seems like every time someone posts an update, I find myself edging closer to ordering a set of plans. Your boats are so cool!

If I'm being honest, it will be at least 4 -5 years before I can commit to a project of this scale. Until then I'll have to content myself with smaller projects, growing my skill set (and my tool set), and lurking the forums taking notes and looking for that next set of awesome build photos.

Speaking of photos, I'll include some of mine. Unfortunately for now, this is as close as I can get to building a boat!
Attachments
IMG_3565.JPG
IMG_3560.JPG
Last edited by WoodChuk on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck ... is dreaming about a Key Largo ... or a Barrelback ... or a Monaco ...

JimmY

Re: New Forum Member from Minnesota Lakes Country

Postby JimmY » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:12 am

Welcome, I think we all lurked on this site for some time before pulling trigger.

Cool project! I may have to steal that idea.
-Jim
Nothing says poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape!

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”