Introduction

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

suskyjet

Introduction

Postby suskyjet » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 am

Pleased to meet you. My name is Tony. I live on the mouth of the Susquehanna River. I have worked in a job shop for 40 years. As the login suggests, I like jet drive boats. I started playing with them in the early 80's to get across the Susquehanna Flats at the head of the Chesapeake Bay while "body boot hunting". I built my first pump buying only an impeller from Berkeley. I built my first complete boat from scratch 13 year ago, a welded aluminum, shallow V, 17 foot long x 83" beam fishing and crabbing dream machine. It is driven by a 110 hp Yamaha jet with a 9.9 kicker for running the trot line. I am currently building a 14 foot "Flats Boat" for my grandson. It has a 650 cc Kawasaki jet. Next is an 11 foot, (donor boat), flat bottom river drifter for Small Mouth fishing in the rocks, (yes, 650 cc Kawasaki jet).

After that, it looks like I will building the "Bear Cat"!!!

DrBryanJ

Re: Introduction

Postby DrBryanJ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:50 am

Tony: Welcome to the forum. You should post some pictures of your build, we always like pictures. (I think you need three approved posts before you can add pics.) Also, you should add a location to the profile. It helps others help you when you are looking for resources.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”