introduction

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

searay85

introduction

Postby searay85 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi all, just purchased the 19' barrel back plans. I'm a seasoned woodworker with several pieces on display in the St Louis, MO area. BUT this is my first boat build and am looking forward to learning from all of you. I grew up on the water and fell in love with the barrel back boats I saw as a kid. Now that I'm retired, will build one for myself. I love a challenge and love boating. I finished a complete restoration of a '85 Sea Ray this year including a new marine engine I built myself. (half $ for what my marina wanted for a remanufactured engine) I bought my first boat @ 16 years of age. I have owned many others since, but once completed, this will be my favorite. I have a neighbor who is also building a Glen-L runabout. His second wood boat. I will use him also as a resource.
Jim Hutchinson, Ofallon, MO
...the cure for everything: Salt water....in one form or another. Sweat, tears, or the salt sea. There's nothing that one or all cannot cure.

Jim Hutchinson
OFallon, MO
20' barrelback build

Roberta

Re: introduction

Postby Roberta » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Welcome aboard!! Please post pics when you get underway on the build. Also, please add you location in your profile so it will give other members your general location in future posts.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”