Hello from Oz

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Shaunh

Hello from Oz

Postby Shaunh » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:08 am

Hi all. I am Shaun and live in Australia. The plan is to build a barrellback so i am currently in the research phase. I have a set of preliminary plans on order. My day job is running a timber yard and commercial joinery so the timber and ply aspect should be straight forward i hope. Over the years i have supplied lots of boat builders with various components so now its time for me to have a crack at it. The motor / gearbox and other gear is something i need look into as i don't know much about all this. Hoping these forums will shed a bit of light. Thanks for making them available.
Cheers Shaun

JoeM

Re: Hello from Oz

Postby JoeM » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:40 am

Shaunh wrote:Hi all. I am Shaun and live in Australia. The plan is to build a barrellback so i am currently in the research phase. I have a set of preliminary plans on order. My day job is running a timber yard and commercial joinery so the timber and ply aspect should be straight forward i hope. Over the years i have supplied lots of boat builders with various components so now its time for me to have a crack at it. The motor / gearbox and other gear is something i need look into as i don't know much about all this. Hoping these forums will shed a bit of light. Thanks for making them available.
Cheers Shaun

Welcome Shaun! There is lots of combined experience on these forums so don't hesitate to ask any questions! I look forward to following along!

There are quite a few Australian builders here so you should have some "local" support as well.
Check out my project and blog! http://fv-escape-hatch.com/project

Shaunh

Postby Shaunh » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:33 am

Cheers Joe

jenko

Postby jenko » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:24 am

Gidday Shaun, welcome,
you might like to have a look at my riviera only 2 hours away at the bottom of the mountain Corryong :D

Shaunh

Postby Shaunh » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi All

well i took up Jenko's offer and had a day out yesterday in northern Victoria. Apart from an absolutely fabulous drive through our Snowy Mountains I had a first hand look ( and listen ) at an awesome Riviera. I was thinking a Barrellback but maybe not now. Big thanks to Peter for is time yesterday, I was up till two in the morning doing some more research as a result!!
Trying to figure out a 1UZ Lexus option just to be a bit different. When I know what i am doing i will let you all know. If anyone has done the Lexus motor option I would love to know about it.

Cheers Shaun

Ozzieboat

Postby Ozzieboat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:12 pm

Shaunh
Ask away, a lot easier to do since I did it.
ozzieboat
Attachments
DSCF4177 (800x600).jpg

Shaunh

Postby Shaunh » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi Ozzieboat

Great looking motor. will be in touch.
Cheers Shaun

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”