new guy...from Japan....most of the time......

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

joejapan

new guy...from Japan....most of the time......

Postby joejapan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi guys; sorry I started a post in Small Outboards before I introduced myself. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=33026#p197400

I'm 70 "something" years old, retired, originally from the MS Gulf Coast and grew up "messing about" in the old cypress boats of the day. I'm a total neophyte to any kind of woodworking, pretty well lost trying to work with fractions and have never built anything out of wood. I've wanted to know how to build a wooden boat for a very long time and, since I'm not getting any younger, now's the time !

I don't think I could find, anywhere else, the amount of experience and knowledge represented here. I hope I can ask your sage advice and contribute, in some way, to The Forum.

Roberta

Re: new guy...from Japan....most of the time......

Postby Roberta » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Welcome aboard. Look over all the plans, search the forum, and ask away. We are all here to help and soon you will be building your dream boat.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

watkibe

Re: new guy...from Japan....most of the time......

Postby watkibe » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:58 pm

welcome !
once upon a time, none of us had ever built a boat before either...
take some time to look through the catalog. a small people powered boat is probably a good place to start with an easier project.
Bruce
From the Great Pacific Northwest !

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”