Christo - Long Island Sound

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Christo

Christo - Long Island Sound

Postby Christo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:06 am

Skippers;

I have aquired a 23' Glen L Double Eagle and have two questions.

1.) Has / does anyone have port and starboard belly tanks in this boat, and if so do you have the dimensions for these tanks ?
2.) Has anyone installed self draining deck scuppers through the transom, and if so what size, and at what location ?

Please advise,

Thank You,
C

Bill Edmundson

Re: Christo - Long Island Sound

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:45 am

Christo

You will have to measure the tanks. I have two boats with below deck tanks. I didn't get them per the design drawings.

I have 4 scuppers on the Bartender. They are on the sides. I don't know about your boat. Mine has a crown in the deck. If yours does, put put them as close to the sides as you can get them. This is what I used: https://shop.hamiltonmarine.com/product ... 29435.html .

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Christo

Postby Christo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:02 am

Bill Edmundson wrote:Christo

You will have to measure the tanks. I have two boats with below deck tanks. I didn't get them per the design drawings.

I have 4 scuppers on the Bartender. They are on the sides. I don't know about your boat. Mine has a crown in the deck. If yours does, put put them as close to the sides as you can get them. This is what I used: https://shop.hamiltonmarine.com/product ... 29435.html .

Bill

Thank You Bill.
There are no tanks in the boat, so I will have to take careful measurements and have them fabricated out of aluminum.
Do you know the distance from the top of your tanks to the bottom of your decks ?

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:05 pm

Christo

I'll try to measure tomorrow. I used RDS Aluminum. You have to be very precise dealing with them on custom tanks. There are several off the shelf tanks that they build. Check Jamestown Dist. Custom tanks that they will make don't seem to be much more expensive.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Christo

Postby Christo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Thank You Sir,
Much appreciated.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:12 am

Christo

Haven't measured on the Bartender. I did measure in the Tahoe. You will need 2 1/2" to clear the fittings when you put the tanks in. I can't remember how tall the filler is. On the Bartender the filler comes in the top of the sides then turns up. You should cut a hole for an inspection hatch above the tank float. You can then get it out if it goes bad. You may also need to see the Spec. plate If the USCG wants to check you.

download/file.php?id=8376&mode=view

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Christo wrote:Skippers;

I have aquired a 23' Glen L Double Eagle and have two questions.

1.) Has / does anyone have port and starboard belly tanks in this boat, and if so do you have the dimensions for these tanks ?
2.) Has anyone installed self draining deck scuppers through the transom, and if so what size, and at what location ?

Please advise,

Thank You,
C

Hi,
Where are you taking your dimentions from? The tank(s) go in different way depending on your power option. Specify which power option you have to keep weight/balance in check.
D. Eagle can be built as outboard, or sterndrive, or straight inboard.
Engine placement for weight/balance determines where you put the tank.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:02 pm

thanks Ken.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Christo

Postby Christo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:04 pm

Thanks, this is a big help. Thanks for the photo and taking the time to get the measurement.

kens

Postby kens » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:08 pm

Please post some photos of your boat, we all like photos.
Especially D. Eagle photos !!!
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”