Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Bill S.

Postby Bill S. » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:43 pm

Hello from Reno, NV I just purchased the plans for a GlenL-19. After reading several posts I can;t seem to find anyone building a 19. Therer are a lot of posts for the 17 which I almost bought but I thought I would like the extra 2 feet.
This is my first build and I have never sailed. My experience has been in power boats but I decided that driving around wasting gas was too much like driving a car. Sailing seems to be more interactive in boating and a way to really relax.

hoodman

Re: New member

Postby hoodman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:54 am

Welcome to the forum. Would be good to see someone building a sailboat! With the small lakes in this area sailing isn't as appealing to me. Not too much maneuvering room for tacking and all that other sailing stuff. I've been on a little 10 or 12 footer and you had to duck under the boom and switch sides every tack. Made it really hard to drink a few beers. A larger sailboat I'm sure would be more comfortable.

Bill S.

Postby Bill S. » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:01 pm

well I really wanted to build a sailboat and after ordering the plans The whole family jumped on me and let me know that we really need a power boat. So we all decided on the Desparado. We returned the sailboat plans and ordered the new plans. Now we are waiting for the Desperado plans along with fastening kit etc. So I will probably be looking for some help as I have never built a boat. Looking forward to your posts etc. Bill

JoeM

Postby JoeM » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi Bill,

No matter the boat you choose someone will be able to help. Even if they haven't built your particular boat, many of the techniques are the same so i'm sure someone can help you with whatever you need. I haven't started construction yet so sadly I won't be able to help with much but I will gladly follow along if you start a new thread in one of the other forums. Answers to any questions you have might be answered quicker there.

Welcome aboard!

Joe
Check out my project and blog! http://fv-escape-hatch.com/project

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”