New member from Canada's west coast

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Alf B

New member from Canada's west coast

Post by Alf B »

Hello all, just started building the Chessie Flyer. Not my first boat build, but my first Glen-L and I must say the Glen-L method clicks with me; it's logical and the plans are well developed. What a difference when the Naval Architect was also a builder! Was going to build another blue water boat but after a reality check with my wife, we agreed crossing oceans was no longer in the picture in our post-retirement situation. So a long search began looking for a trailerable boat that would be capable of handling conditions in the Strait of Georgia, our home waters. Downloaded a dozen study plans from numerous designers. The Chessie Flyer won out against formidable competition from the likes of Bruce Kirby, Dudley Dix, John Welsford, Wooden Boat magazine, and Ted Brewer. I'm confident she will be a terrific performer in the right conditions and can hardly wait to find out!
-Alf

mrintense

Re: New member from Canada's west coast

Post by mrintense »

The Chessie Flyer is a beautiful design. It's one of those I considered before realizing that sailing was not going to happen in my household due to age. But nonetheless, a beautiful boat. Welcome to the forum.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper Boating

TomB

Post by TomB »

Welcome Alf, Fantastic home water to sail. The Chessie is going bring you much pleasure. Tom
In the home stretch on a Tahoe 23

BillJ

Post by BillJ »

Welcome, looking forward to your build.

Alf B

Post by Alf B »

Thank you, I feel properly welcomed! I'll start posting pics soon.
-Alf

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”