Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

DavidG

Post by DavidG » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:19 am

My name is David Gerhardt and my boating area is the Saint John River of New Brunswick, Canada and the East Coast, primarily the Bay of Fundy and Gulf of Maine. I presently own a sailboat but see my wife and I eventually switching over to a motorboat. I have built cottages, garages, tables, cabinets etc. but have never built a boat. I have purchased the study plans of the Gung Ho express cruiser. Interested in this 'boatbuilder connection' site and more specifically any one who has built the Gung Ho. thanks

Wdbutchr

Re: New Member

Post by Wdbutchr » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:08 pm

Welcome to the forum, I'm new also, guess we need to welcome each other!! Regards, Wdbutchr

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:30 pm

You are both very welcome here! I've just been here a long time and sometimes I'm tired. Sorry.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Welcome to the forum. I don't remember seeing any Gung Ho builders lately. I will be interested in seeing your build . It looks like a very nice boat.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

DavidG

Post by DavidG » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:45 pm

Hopefully I will not be biting off what I can chew. Just got the study plans today!

mrintense

Post by mrintense » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:39 am

Welcome to the forum David.

The Gung Ho is a great looking boat. And it's big enough to cruise comfortably on I imagine.If you've built cabins tables, and cottages, you can build this boat. It will take a fair bit of time, mostly because of the outfitting, but the project is so satisfying. I've been building a Vera Cruise and I find the availability of something to do after work and on the weekends to be very welcome.

Looking forward to hearing about your plans and seeing the build progress. You'll find a lot of friendly people and help here.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”