New Builder in San Antonio, Tx area

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Joerpilot

New Builder in San Antonio, Tx area

Post by Joerpilot »

Just received my Barrelback 19 plans. I have built two experimental airplanes and live in an airport community. I recently quit flying and sold my Beechcraft Bonanza so i needed to come up with a new hobby. i have a great place to build my boat; my 50x50 airplane hangar.
If any builders are located in Texas, i’d love to hear from you.

Joe Ramotowski

Bill Edmundson

Re: New Builder in San Antonio, Tx area

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Joe

Welcome! you will have lots of company here!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

Hi Joe,
I’m a fellow Barrelback builder up the road in McKinney TX. Welcome, if you can build experimental airplanes you can build wood boats. Lots of professional and amateur pilots in the wood boat building community. What’s planes have you built?
Matt B

Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

Joe,
I have a great set of frame templates, two Barrelbacks have been built with these templates. If your interested I’ll FedEx them to you at cost. I fly for American Airlines and FedEx gives us a huge discount.
Matt B

mrintense

Post by mrintense »

Welcome to the forum Joe. I live up just north of Austin and have been building a Vera Cruise for about 7 years.There are quite a few builders in this part of Texas and south. Many more up north.

I think you find this forum an excellent source of encouragement, knowledge, and usefulness. Lots of friendly people here.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper Boating

Joerpilot

Post by Joerpilot »

Thank you all for your replies
Carl,
I built an RV9 and an RV8. Both slow build kits. I would like to take advantage of your kind offer of the templets.

Joe

Joerpilot

Post by Joerpilot »

Matt,
As soon as I figure out how to send a pm i will send my contact info and arrange to get the templets.

Joe

Joerpilot

Post by Joerpilot »

Carl,

I looked at your site. Great job of documenting the build. Would love to come up to Austin and see your boat when you have time. I live in New Berlin, its between Seguin and Lavernia.

Joe

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

Hi Joe. Welcome to the site. I believe to send PM's you need three approved posts, which you now have. Just click on private messages in upper right and it is self explanatory.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

Joe,
I got your PM and contact info, give me a week or so to get the templates boxed up and shipped. They are very accurate and will save you tons of time.
Here is a picture of the framework from these templates.
Matt B
Attachments
459F680D-1BE8-4E0D-BE50-E6088A44F9AE.jpeg

chugalug

Post by chugalug »

Seems a shame that one is selling templates from others plans.I made templates from plexiglass piece .using largest piece and recutting the same one into each smaller ones.I thought Glen-L sold the plans to use for 1 boat.Part of the fun is figuring out stuff and coming up with what works for you.just my 2 scents.I burnt all the plans for my Bo-Jest yesterday so cleaning out boatshed for the next one
Last edited by chugalug on Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Joerpilot

Post by Joerpilot »

Thanks Matt,

If it will save you from allot of hassle, i would be willing to drive up there and pick them up.

Joe

Joerpilot

Post by Joerpilot »

I purchased the plans from glen-l and dont see a problem with using the templets. Didnt realize anyone would have a problem with this. Im not purchasing templets, merely borrowing them.

Joe

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

I don't think there is a problem with this since a set of plans has been purchased.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

Joe,
Let me see how much shipping will be with my airline discount at FedEx before you drive up to McKinney.
I talked with Gayle about swapping templates and she is total fine with it if plans were purchased for each boat being built.
Matt B

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”