free inboard and hardware

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

jeffecker

free inboard and hardware

Postby jeffecker » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:53 am

My name is Jeff Ecker and I live in the middle of Kansas. I now have my 16 ft. homebuilt inboard upside down in the driveway because the fiberglass delaminated from the wood and it was leaking too bad. I have had the boat for 10 years and I am thinking that perhaps it needs a home with someone else. It was built in 1950 by a man in Pueblo, Colorado and he told me that he got his plans from a Popular Mechanics magazine. It is a plywood boat with mohagany veneer decking and has a real pretty split windshield. It's powered by a 265 ci Chevy supposedly bored to 283 ci with hydraulic lifters. It has a Capital transmission. All of this works and I used it the summer of 2007. I have had the boat for ten years but I think I want something faster and roomier and fiberglass. I want the boat or the hardware to go to a good home and will give it away to someone nice! I can email a picture. Whew! This is kind of hard! Jeff Ecker 620-628-4879 hodakajeff@yahoo.com

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:01 am

WOW what a deal someone is going to get!! :shock:

Thanks for posting here instead of letting it go by the wayside.

If you don't get any response from this forum,Wooden boat magazine has a category for free boats in the ad section(free to list for free boats I believe)

jeffecker

Picture of the free inboard

Postby jeffecker » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:43 am

I can't get "Outlook Express" to work on my computer but I can email you a picture of the free inboard if I have your Email address. Should I have posted the boat in "parts and boats for sale" part of the forum? Jeff Ecker

upspirate

Re: Picture of the free inboard

Postby upspirate » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:13 pm

jeffecker wrote:I can't get "Outlook Express" to work on my computer but I can email you a picture of the free inboard if I have your Email address. Should I have posted the boat in "parts and boats for sale" part of the forum? Jeff Ecker

Yes you should post there.If you can figure out how to post some pics,that would be a good place for that too.

You can do a search for topic on how to post pics(good luck,I've been only successful in posting a link to pics),but they do it all the time here.

My E-mail add is upspirate@yahoo.com if you would like to send pics to me, but I couldn't take advantage of the offer cause of distance &other projects.

Warren

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”