New Member an introduction

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Rocdt8

New Member an introduction

Postby Rocdt8 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi guys well Im a 55 year old retired carpenter. I worked as a master carpenter here in Chicago, IL. for about 30 yrs. Got retired early by a job relatied injury. ( fell 30 ft. and broke my back) But Ive been nuts about boats since my early teens. Was lucky in that a few good freinds dads owned some realy sweet sailing yachts. One was a macanou island racer each year out of the Chicago Yacht Club. A little later on I got to live aboard a 38ft. single masted yawl ( wood) down off the Atlantic coast of Florida. I learned the ropes (lol) that first summer and was asked back, wow. Well I never got to the point of owning a boat like that, but I still dreamt of owning a 25-30 ft. power cruser. And if I work my hand right, find the finances, I hope to get underway in the spring of 09'

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:47 am

Alright! I love seeing posts like THIS one!

A lot of new members come here trying to decide if they're even going to build a boat but you seem to have already made that decision. That's GREAT! Welcome, welcome.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

John K

Postby John K » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:01 am

Welcome to the forum. Alot of beautiful wood boats between Chicago and Milwaukee. I use to live in Montgomery and worked in West Chicago. Alot warmer in Alabama.

kens

Postby kens » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:42 pm

What are you gonna build?

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”