What an undertaking, but man is it fun

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

dabren

What an undertaking, but man is it fun

Postby dabren » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:14 pm

Hello All

First off, let me thank all of you for your input in this forum. Over the last couple months I feel like I have almost read everything on here and have learned a ton. This forum is an amazing help.

I am building the TNT, and it is my first woodworking project let alone boatbuilding project. Let me say that I completely underestimated the time that it would take...after a couple months I am still working on the frames! But I've told myself from the start that I would make sure I did it right, no matter how long it took. Even reading up on what, to most of you, is basic knowledge (lumber, epoxy, terminology, etc.) has been a project in itself. But all I do is look forward to the next time I can work on the boat!

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself, now onto another subject to post a question...about imperfections funny enough

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Welcome dabren,

You will love the TNT,it's a great boat.

You can't believe the feeling you get the first time you launch also.

Take your time,get a C&C(chair & cooler) you'll want/need to sit back & reflect/figure out what to do.

Warren

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Do NOT beat yourself up over how slow the project progresses. Everyone of us here has to cross the same thresholds. By that I mean that we have to learn each step and that just is not going to happen quickly. So just stay with it and we're here to help in anyway we can.

Welcome
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:00 am

My take on the length of time on a project. When its done there's allway another one to do. So its life just a number of projects linked together. Jive each there allotted time an it will work out. My last boat took 1 1/2 years, But i did everything else built an flew r/c took trips. did stuff with wife& kids. "Time Control" Very important Grasshopper"
Falcon
Be who you are, say what you want those that mind don't matter an those that matter wont mind.
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/falcon6667/

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”