another new guy

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Billy

another new guy

Postby Billy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Just a quick intro;I have a little experience with boats,have built a couple of Kayaks in the past,but now its time to go bigger. After spending hours on this site looking at the different projects I have ordered some Tahoe23 plans. I've got the month of December off, so hopefully plans get here and I can get a good start on it. One question to start,(I'am sure there will be lots more) When putting the frames together, Would there be any advantage to half lapping the joints of the bottom members to the side frames and epoxying them before I put the plywood gussets in place? I just thought there would be more glueing surface for epoxy than just the butt joints. Any thoughts on this? Thx.
Bill

mobil300

Postby mobil300 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:31 pm

That Figures, The Winter Rolls In And BC Takes The Month Off. :lol:

Glad To See There Are Growing Numbers Of Canadians Here.

I'm New Too, But Welcome Just The Same.

Regards,

Chris

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Bill

Welcome!

In the end, I don't think the frames add that much strength. These boats are so stiff. Look at customer archives and my Tahoe 19 build. It will give you a good idea what you have to come.

It's a great boat! Best of luck!

Another Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Billy

Postby Billy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:23 pm

Thanks Bill, I guess with all the cross laminations and epoxy the boat shell becomes very strong. Will spend the extra effort where it will be seen. Thanks.

Hey Cris, we on the west coast are just soaked by all the rain we have had, I need a month inside just to dry off. Talk to you soon.
Bill.

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:17 am

>>>>>>>>>another new guy<<<<<<<<<
Welcome, an enjoy .
Falcon
Be who you are, say what you want those that mind don't matter an those that matter wont mind.
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/falcon6667/

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”