NEW GUY

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

alpha146

NEW GUY

Postby alpha146 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Hello my name is Andrew just getting started on a Key Largo 19. Just curious if anyone has built one and if they have pictures posted.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:34 pm

Welcome,don't know why more people don't build this one...it looks like it's much more user-friendly than the dual cockpit models.

Are you stretching it ?

Keep us posted with pics!

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:44 pm

I don't think many have built that particular design but it's a cold molded hull and a lot of folks here are building those. That means there's no shortage of help or info here.

Like Warren said...Welcome and keep us aprised with photos. WE LOVE PHOTOS.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Welcome! Andrew.

The KL is a Ken Hankenson design. The construction will be very similar to to my Tahoe. I have a step by step photo essay in customer photos.

We want Pictures! Send them to Glen-L. This is not the first time this has come up. You can be the first build post.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

alpha146

Postby alpha146 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:04 pm

I am stretching it to 20' as recommended for the V8. I will send pics as I come along.

worldmac1

Postby worldmac1 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm digging the Key Largo myself. That looks like a boat with plenty of room as well as carrying 4 or 5 people. I haven't made up my mind yet as I have looked at a couple of Zips too, but the room to move about is a definite plus.

Definitely keep us in the loop with your build. I am as amateur as they come.
:D
Live from Tobacco Road!

1984 SeaRay 245 Sundancer

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:47 pm

Tobacco road is not Dolphin territory. :wink: But the Dolphins did pull of quite a year with their reject quarterback. :lol: Pictures? I got pictures but they ain't rated right! :P

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”