A great way to start the day...!

Dinghies, day sailers, world cruisers. Many small sailboats make ideal rowboats or low-speed power boats.

Moderator: BruceDow

Joel-n-Kathy

A great way to start the day...!

Post by Joel-n-Kathy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Nothin' like seeing this out the window of the boat you built...
DSCN3178.JPG
Of course sunset isn't too bad either....
DSCN3174.JPG
Enjoying "Spirit of Jessica" in Fulton Beach, TX
(Glen-L Minuet)

Joel n Kathy
Last edited by Joel-n-Kathy on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel Block and Kathy Lucas
"Spirit of Jessica"
Glen-L Minuet launched May 13, 2013
Builders Blog: www.mtnpirate.blogspot.com

vupilot

Re: A great way to start the day...!

Post by vupilot » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:52 pm

That looks like the definition of a relaxing and enjoyable day!

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:12 pm

That is a beautiful little boat. I've had sailboat fever for quite a few months now but can't do anything about it. I'm presently a little less than halfway through building a large runabout and cannot allow myself to take on any other project until it is complete, but I'd love to have a small cozy sailboat with short overnight stay capabilities. I've looked at the Minuet, but worry that it's maybe too small and think I need to go up to the Glen-L 17 or maybe even the FancyFree. You two seem to be having the time of your lives with this little sailboat. My question, do you have any regrets that you didn't build something a little bigger, or is smaller, better? If you were doing it all over again, would your build the Minuet, or something different?

Once again, beautiful boat. Also, enjoyed your blog.

Joel-n-Kathy

Post by Joel-n-Kathy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:27 pm

Our Minuet really does fit the bill for us. Our goal was to build the biggest boat we could that allowed us to stay aboard but still allowed us to park her in the garage at the end of the weekend! Bigger would only mean the boat would have to stay outside or at a storage facility. This keeps the boat in much better shape and its available. As for a bigger boat, we have a 36 foot cutter rigged sailboat in the San Juan islands and we can fill that up as quick as our Minuet! :)

We decided to build our Minuet as designed and not to expand the cabin as we spend most of our time outside and we like the large cockpit we have. Its also my first trailer sailor and our options for sailing are so much greater with the smaller boat.

Joel
Joel Block and Kathy Lucas
"Spirit of Jessica"
Glen-L Minuet launched May 13, 2013
Builders Blog: www.mtnpirate.blogspot.com