anyone followed this thread on Youtube? interesting !!

Dinghies, day sailers, world cruisers. Many small sailboats make ideal rowboats or low-speed power boats.

Moderator: BruceDow

kens

anyone followed this thread on Youtube? interesting !!

Post by kens » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:02 am

I been following this guy on youtube, quite impressive restoration project he has going on,

How about fairing with a chainsaw?
How about a solid keel of Purpleheart??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMot9RKVxhg
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

DrBryanJ

Re: anyone followed this thread on Youtube? interesting !!

Post by DrBryanJ » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:25 am

I've been following Leo from the beginning. Very interesting. He craftmanship and level of detail is awe inspiring. Wish I had time to go see Tally-ho in person. I'd also like to go see SV Seeker and Acorn to Arabella.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

mrintense

Post by mrintense » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:33 pm

I've been following him as well along with two guys in Massachusetts (Acorn to Arabella). Two different approaches and two very dedicated projects.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Shawn K

Post by Shawn K » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:47 am

Yes, I've been very attached to all the sailing videos on you tube for several years. its what has ultimately brought my boating interest back around. if I may, id like to suggest some other boating related you tube channels,Such as; Delos, SV Tapatya,RAN Sailing, Matiki, Sail Life, and Travels with Geordie. to name a few. but I'm warning you, these can be very addicting. I don't watch regular television channels anymore, (HA-HA). And most of these are sailboat building or refining channels.

kens

Post by kens » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:54 am

here another good one,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUi0gsxVHZM&t=44s

this guy sailed a 23 footer, solo, to Hawaii, then island hopped all the islands.
I think it is cool because he didnt just show the good fun stuff with the sun shining, he showed the squalls, the getting wet, the cooking on a rocking boat, he showed the nitty gritty that the others don't show.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Return to “Sailboats”