anyone followed this thread on Youtube? interesting !!

Dinghies, day sailers, world cruisers. Many small sailboats make ideal rowboats or low-speed power boats.

Moderator: BruceDow

kens

anyone followed this thread on Youtube? interesting !!

Post by kens »

I been following this guy on youtube, quite impressive restoration project he has going on,

How about fairing with a chainsaw?
How about a solid keel of Purpleheart??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMot9RKVxhg
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

DrBryanJ

Re: anyone followed this thread on Youtube? interesting !!

Post by DrBryanJ »

I've been following Leo from the beginning. Very interesting. He craftmanship and level of detail is awe inspiring. Wish I had time to go see Tally-ho in person. I'd also like to go see SV Seeker and Acorn to Arabella.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

mrintense

Post by mrintense »

I've been following him as well along with two guys in Massachusetts (Acorn to Arabella). Two different approaches and two very dedicated projects.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper Boating

Shawn K

Post by Shawn K »

Yes, I've been very attached to all the sailing videos on you tube for several years. its what has ultimately brought my boating interest back around. if I may, id like to suggest some other boating related you tube channels,Such as; Delos, SV Tapatya,RAN Sailing, Matiki, Sail Life, and Travels with Geordie. to name a few. but I'm warning you, these can be very addicting. I don't watch regular television channels anymore, (HA-HA). And most of these are sailboat building or refining channels.

kens

Post by kens »

here another good one,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUi0gsxVHZM&t=44s

this guy sailed a 23 footer, solo, to Hawaii, then island hopped all the islands.
I think it is cool because he didnt just show the good fun stuff with the sun shining, he showed the squalls, the getting wet, the cooking on a rocking boat, he showed the nitty gritty that the others don't show.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

psychobilly

Post by psychobilly »

Ken,

If you haven't already, you need to go watch the story on the Western Flyer. The setting is the book, Sea of Cortez, and the Western Flyer was the vessel that the book was written on. Great history and an awesome restoration.
Watch 1st - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-DHWKnl_x4

And then you can follow along on the restoration. She's a beautiful ole girl.

Return to “Sailboats”