A place to celebrate your first launch with video and/or photos
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:42 am
Finally finished our Malahini. It took 3 years to complete, although we did have to move 3 states away in the middle of the project, so that delayed it a bit. We couldn't have done it without the help of the Forum, and Gail at Glen-L. A special thanks to Roberta for her complete posts while building her Torpedo. Following her posts really helped when we had questions. It has an old 65 Mercury, and goes about 30 mph and handles great. We love it.
- Posts: 389
- Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:07 pm
- Location: Holland, MI
Welcome to the posting side of the forum. The boat looks great! Get ready for lots of questions. "Who restored it?" "My dad had one just like it, what make is it?" "What year is it?" "Would you be interested in selling it or making me one?"
- Posts: 615
- Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:08 am
- Location: Connecticut
Looks great, nicely done! Welcome to the forum.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
Griffin's Law: Murphy was an optimist.
- Posts: 1969
- Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:48 am
- Location: Lafayette, IN
Congratulations on the launch! You did a fantastic job!
- Posts: 885
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:50 am
- Location: Pine Mountain . Vic . Australia
- Posts: 3407
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:36 am
- Location: Indy
Congrats! You did an excellent job! I really like the look of it!
- Posts: 830
- Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: O'Fallon, MO
Looks great. Nice job. I believe that is a Washington registration. Where do you keep and run your boat. Our kids live in the Seattle area.
- Posts: 828
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:05 am
- Location: Pompton Plains, NJ
Very nice! I like the white sides with the clear deck
Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"
My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
- Posts: 6234
- Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:23 pm
- Location: East Troy, Wisconsin
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:02 pm
- Location: San Clemente, CA
Congratulations to you! What a beautiful boat you've built--you should be quite proud.