Very, very nice and congratulations. The gaff rig looks really classic. I can't believe you did this in 2 months. Any close up pictures of the hull? What type of construction was it?
Thank you all for the compliments. I can say at this point that I put in both blood and sweat, but no tears on this.
I am very happy with the results, however they did not come without getting through lofting errors and other issues i found with the plans (this is NOT a Glen-L design, I might add).
I guess this would be considered screw-and-glue construction though I have to admit I deviated for the lazarette bulkhead and transom-to-deck joint from the plans - they had me kerfing structural components which just didn't seem right - cut halfway through a joint stringer just to get it to curve?? No Way!
So these joints were classic stitch-and-glue.
My construction also deviated from original materials list in the following ways:
use of marine ply and quality hardwood vs exterior plywood and spruce/fir/pine
use of solid wood spars vs windsurfer spars (which turned out to be very expensive compared to the "salvage" spars the designer got for $5 apiece - composite spars from a commercial source would have cost me $400+
use of an 6000 series aluminum square 0.125" wall tube for mast tabernacle instead of galvanized gate hinges
fiberglass reinforced exterior chines, keel and transom/hull joints when there was none
2-3 coats of epoxy to saturate and build up the durability of the marine ply in and out - West System
My own design boom crutch to support both the boom AND the mast - leathered to avoid chafing the aft deck and spars
Sailboat quality blocks and rigging components as opposed to hardware store pulleys and gate hardware
Quality kernmantle nylon rope for running rigging instead of what looked like clothesline
use of West System marine epoxy and zinc dichromate screws instead of Gorilla glue and drywall screws
Use of composites for rudder and rudder head as opposed to one made from exterior plywood
Use of classic standing rigging for bowsprit as opposed to a single aluminum strap
Use of dacron for homemade machine stitched/hand-finished sails as opposed to polytarp sails held together with duct tape
Use of Pettit Easypoxy one part polyurethane as opposed to exterior latex
My own design for spars and commercial rigging components
Jib downhaul when there was none
Gaff vang and swivel block when there was none
Boom brake to slow boom swing on tack/gybe when there was none
Slab reefing system built into the sail when there was none
Curvature gathered into the jib via boltrope stitching technique when there was none
Addition of a reinforced, keel-stepped samson post to heel the bowsprit (as opposed to U-bolt), and to provide a mooring//anchoring belay
Jackline engineered into the jib to allow the clubfoot boom to lower properly (required for clew angle less than 90 degrees) when there was none - most owners of these boats have to untie the outhaul to get the clubfoot and the jib to lower completely
And the list goes on.
The web site I posted gives a good idea of the basis of the building sequence and structure - I'll post more pics and update this thread as I have time.
The build can get done in 2 months with patience, diligence to utilize every spare moment available, and the most important component of all - an understanding WIFE! Without her buy-in and patience this would not have been possible.