needle in haystack

Wiring your boat, How to Wire Lights/Accessories, All things electrical other than actually powering your boat by electric motors.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

chugalug

needle in haystack

Postby chugalug » Wed May 04, 2016 8:45 am

Been looking around trying to find speedo for the bo-jest.Somebody used to make a trolling speedo but don't remember who.all the guages(60mph or 35 ones)start with at least 5 mph.Would like one that goes from 0- to at least 10 or 15.Maybe just tach and fuel guages is enough.Thought about a knotmeter but all I could find are digital and$$$
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

hoodman

Re: needle in haystack

Postby hoodman » Wed May 04, 2016 9:02 am

I doubt you'll find one in with a pitot tube design. You might have to go with a GPS one or just use a fishfinder with a plotter (that's what I'm planning to do.)

kens

Postby kens » Wed May 04, 2016 11:22 am

a GPS is inside a chart plotter, thats how chart plotter works, and a GPS is a speedo, among many other functions
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

chugalug

Postby chugalug » Wed May 04, 2016 10:26 pm

:D I just thought it would be kinda nice to find one that looks old and maybe works in reverse.I've got a liquid crystal graph that uses a paddle wheel set-up instead of pitot.
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Return to “Electric Power & Systems”