small world!!!!!!!!!

See: "Useful Information and Suppliers" for a list of lumber and plywood suppliers. Also see: "Wood & Plywood Information". Both located in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

svenole

small world!!!!!!!!!

Post by svenole »

i know someone can help me im from wisconsin i need ply. PLEASE HELP ME, 3/8 1/2

DaveLott

Re: small world!!!!!!!!!

Post by DaveLott »

The wood and plywood information section has a lot of suppliers.

I ordered all my ply from Boulter Plywood in Mass and had it shipped. The shipping ended up less than the local sales tax so I ended up saving.

There are a number of sources that will also ship. That is the route most of us have to take particularly in the heartland.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

RayB

Post by RayB »

You might want to try LLJohnson Lumber. They are headquartered in Charlotte, MI but also have an outlet in South Bend, Indiana. I don't know if that is close enough to your location in Wisconsin for you, but they do carry a wide variety of marine plywoods and hard lumber.

www.theworkbench.com/

Ray B.

Rob Myran

Post by Rob Myran »

I am also in Wisconsin (near La Crosse).

I bought marine plywood (Okume) in Madison at McCormick Lumber.
http://www.mccormicklumber.com/index.htm
They are on the East side of town.

I also bought dimensional lumber in Richland Center at Ocooch Hardwoods
26511 County Highway OO
Richland Center, WI 53581-8949
(608) 647-2591

http://www.ocoochhardwoods.com/

Hope this helps,
- Rob
Another fine mess I've gotten myself into!

svenole

Post by svenole »

yes but mccormicks are way over priced

Rob Myran

Post by Rob Myran »

Re: "yes but mccormicks are way over priced"

Who do suggest in the area that have reasonable prices for marine plywood? That info would be very helpful!

For an example in my case: I needed 2 sheets of Meranti or Okume plywood. One 1/4" and one 3/8"
Madison is 100 miles from my home. I occasionally go there for other business so I made a multi-purpose trip.

When I made my original purchase to build the Minuet the plywood was shipped from Florida by common carrier (truck) The shipping charge was about $250 (If I recall right that was a minimum charge whether I had one or ten sheets shipped). That added up on the total cost of the plywood. I could drive to Michigan or Chicago to buy plywood, but that would have cost more per sheet than the Florida shippment and cost me the gas for a trip, at minimum 275 miles each way, Plus at least a full day off work. I estimate that to be about $300 for the day off, plus $40 fuel and some tolls. The slightly cheaper plywood starts to cost pretty dearly.
Another fine mess I've gotten myself into!

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

I'm looking at LL Johnson for the framing and longitudinals and Noah's for ply. Is Joubert worth the extra money or is the regular BS1088 Okoume just as good? If it is that much better, then I will go with Joubert Okoume.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

svenole

Post by svenole »

i want a decent price and close, :shock: ill save plenty going to south bend in., i need 5 3/8 and 3 1/2 ,if it was 1 or 2 sheets i would not care then :!: i dont have to take off i work7 days then get off 7 days

Return to “Wood and Plywood”