Kool Youtube Vid of wood boats .

See: "Useful Information and Suppliers" for a list of lumber and plywood suppliers. Also see: "Wood & Plywood Information". Both located in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

TUGMYWAY

Kool Youtube Vid of wood boats .

Post by TUGMYWAY » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:14 pm

electric tug

Re: Kool Youtube Vid of wood boats .

Post by electric tug » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:44 am

TUGMYWAY- I grew up on that lake-had waterfront on the south shore..its called Lake Muskoka and its famous-
many famous people have cottages on it.

it also had three of the worlds best small boat makers there for nearly 60 years- There is the only active remaining coal fired steamer of its size on that lake as well - the boat is called the s.s segwun. check it out...
thanks for the post...it reminds me of home. :)

Iggy

Post by Iggy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:23 pm

I am still amazed at just how many classic boats are out there. The only woodie I've seen on the water in my local lakes is mine, the rest are fiberglass or metal. I have to get out to one of these shows, not to show off my creation but rather to bask in the glory of the craftsmanship of others!
Ian (aka Iggy)
My Malahini Build

electric tug

Post by electric tug » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Iggy wrote:I am still amazed at just how many classic boats are out there. The only woodie I've seen on the water in my local lakes is mine, the rest are fiberglass or metal. I have to get out to one of these shows, not to show off my creation but rather to bask in the glory of the craftsmanship of others!
Iggy- If you ever get a chance to visit north of Toronto-(about 2.5 hours to be exact)- thats the area that is world famous for those boats- such as Minette, and Ditchburn. works of art- kind of like the italian violin makers...
they died off and the rich-ass cottagers on that lake still have them...

chugalug

Post by chugalug » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:59 am

:D Love looking at all the classic ol'boats.There's an old Ditchburn up here on Lake of the Woods(Kenora region)that I guess you could ride on if you had a few coins.search"Grace Anne II".saw this boat when I as a kid out on Turtle Bay(about 40 years ago)looks as nice as it did back then.
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Return to “Wood and Plywood”