Birmingham hard wood supplier

See: "Useful Information and Suppliers" for a list of lumber and plywood suppliers. Also see: "Wood & Plywood Information". Both located in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

JasonQ

Birmingham hard wood supplier

Postby JasonQ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Anyone needing hardwoods in the Birmingham area should check out City Hardwoods. It has been open for about 2 years and I just found it recently. They are very helpful and have a great selection. I wish I would have found them sooner. I had to do a lot of scarf joints for my shears and chines. They can get you 16ft lumber or longer. Also, they can mill the wood to your desired demisions. I will definitely be using them for my deck planking.

Bill Edmundson

Re: Birmingham hard wood supplier

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Jason

I'll try to make note of them. Thanks.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

micahjl

Postby micahjl » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:22 am

Thanks Jason for the recommendation, they are really nice folks. I finally found a plywood supplier in Alabama near Mobile.

http://www.ohc.net/marine-lumber
Talked to Joey Skinner

I wanted to avoid shipping if possible. Apparently they are a direct importer and do the milling themselves, which cuts down on cost.

Here's the price they quoted for Marine Okoume plywood:

6mm - $47 per 4x8 sheet
18mm - $107 per 4x8 sheet

They also carry meranti which should be a bit cheaper, but once I saw that price for okoume I didn't bother asking. Also getting a quote for some meranti boards for the frames and will report back.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:51 am

Micah

Thanks. Great find! Good price. I put them in my favorites.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Wood and Plywood”