Building 27m long, 6m wide ancient ship. Best timber supplier in Europe?

See: "Useful Information and Suppliers" for a list of lumber and plywood suppliers. Also see: "Wood & Plywood Information". Both located in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Lundrim

Building 27m long, 6m wide ancient ship. Best timber supplier in Europe?

Post by Lundrim » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:06 am

Greetings fellow marine enthusiasts! Could you please help me find the best timber supplier, and other relevant materials for building 2 Ancient bireme ships. Any tip will be much appriciated. May Saint Elmo's fire light your sailing.

sproggy

Re: Building 27m long, 6m wide ancient ship. Best timber supplier in Europe?

Post by sproggy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 am

Hi Lundrim.

There are many possible answers to your question depending upon what, to you, constitutes 'best'. Do you mean best price, best range, best quality, best customer service? And Europe is a big place - where are you? Personally I use Robbins in Bristol, UK, and am very happy with them. But that doesn't necessarily mean they're the best for whatever timber you want and you're not going to want to ship several tonnes of timber from the UK to the other side of Europe if there's a supplier nearer to you. You are working on a completely different scale to anyone on here so you're unlikely to get an answer that is entirely relevant to your needs - you would be better talking to boat/ship builders in your country/area to see which suppliers they use.

Good luck with your project.

Lundrim

Re: Building 27m long, 6m wide ancient ship. Best timber supplier in Europe?

Post by Lundrim » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:44 am

Thank you for your tip, I truly appriciate it.

Return to “Wood and Plywood”