Angled Cuts on Transom of Huck Finn

See: "Useful Information and Suppliers" for a list of lumber and plywood suppliers. Also see: "Wood & Plywood Information". Both located in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Grand Chillin

Re: Angled Cuts on Transom of Huck Finn

Post by Grand Chillin »

Oyster wrote:
OK, can anyone tell me what it is?
Yep the interior decorator made you walk the plank since you are taking so long on the boat! :lol:
Oyster,

It wasn't the interior decorator. It was the Admiral herself. :shock:
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Guys,Don't let him kid you.

He draws the grain on after he sands the panels!!! :wink: :lol:

Nice work Chillin :)

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

upspirate wrote:Guys,Don't let him kid you.

He draws the grain on after he sands the panels!!! :wink: :lol:

Nice work Chillin :)
Hey, You promised not to tell, but that's OK, because I now air-brush the grain on. :lol:

Not much to update on tonight. The middle recruit had his tonsils removed this morning. He just turned 4 and snored louder than me and that's saying alot. He hit the floor running, God Bless um. Then my youngest son had his braces removed this afternoon. I don't know who is happier him or me. Him for having them off or me for having one less hand in my wallet. :D

Anyway, I was able to spend a little time in the garage and here is a picture of my first scarf joint. Guys, be gentle. I'm still working on it. Oh, if you look in the far left hand corner you will see the scarf joint on the bottom that I did last night.

"Image"

Now stop laughing or I won't post anymore pictures.

Here is a view of the bottom joint after a little sanding. Boy, one more piece of tape would have saved me alot of time. Now if I could just get my air-brush equipment back from upspirate I could finish up.

"Image"

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Anyway, I was able to spend a little time in the garage and here is a picture of my first scarf joint. Guys, be gentle. I'm still working on it. Oh, if you look in the far left hand corner you will see the scarf joint on the bottom that I did last night.
Taint nuttin wrong with those. I felt the scarf and they seem pretty smoothe on my screen. Good job....

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Guys,

I have decided on a propulsion system for the pontoon boat. I'm going to use a "TAD". It requires no fossil fuel or electricity. Just a large amount of groceries. For those that don't know "TAD" stands for Teenage Amphibious Drive. :lol:

"Image"

I couldn't help myself. He was releasing the pontoon from the form and I had to grab the camera.

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

That is more useful than the teenager in the barrel!!!!
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Guys,

I have decided on a propulsion system for the pontoon boat. I'm going to use a "TAD". It requires no fossil fuel or electricity. Just a large amount of groceries. For those that don't know "TAD" stands for Teenage Amphibious Drive. :lol:

LOL!! Thats actually an old idea thats been outlawed. :wink:

One problem that I see in your supposed "green" propulsion system, the EPA these days may require some form of containment tank for exhaust emissions in addition to the raised bed planters on board as an alternative to fuel bladders or solar panels for extended cruising, yet another case of unintended consequences. :lol: :lol:

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

I don't know how well that'll work.

I hear they aren't too reliable when you need it most,and the whining noise will get to you after awhile!!! :wink: :lol:

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Well at the worse case scenerio, he could have a matching tow vehicle. :lol: I think this also brings a new meaning into the notion that he has really stepped in it. :lol:
Attachments
tow vehicle.jpg

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

One problem that I see in your supposed "green" propulsion system, the EPA these days may require some form of containment tank for exhaust emissions in addition to the raised bed planters on board as an alternative to fuel bladders or solar panels for extended cruising, yet another case of unintended consequences. :lol: :lol:

I could always use the contained gases to give the pontoon a turbo boost. :lol:
upspirate wrote:I don't know how well that'll work.

I hear they aren't too reliable when you need it most,and the whining noise will get to you after awhile!!! :wink: :lol:
The reliability issue and whinning noises were handled early on. Remember the groceries? And if that doesn't work, the withholding of girlfriend time never fails. :wink:

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Tap, tap, tap awaiting for a full accounting of your progress.

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Oyster wrote:Tap, tap, tap awaiting for a full accounting of your progress.
ZZZZZZZZZZZ-----ZZZZZZZZZZ--What, Oh, somebody's at the door. It's Oyster, quick hide. Too late he saw me. :oops: :lol: Well since your here come on in and I will give you an update.

I wish I could tell you that both pontoons were covered with plywood and fiberglass was being wetted out. But that is not the case. I had a fuel pump go out on a tractor and that fix broke my piggy bank, no it blew it up! Just another bump in the road, will overcome.
Here is what I do have. Finished the bottom of the first pontoon, trimmed and sanded. Still need to radius the edges before glass.
"Image"

Then there was the flip. I was going to show it, but I didn't want to show up the other guys with their pulleys, cradles, winches, etc. :wink: And yes I know the garage needs a bath. I don't have that problem anywhere else, only on that north facing side.
"Image"
Oh, before I let you go there is a bun in the oven. A 12' bun.
"Image"
Ok, who gave him my address :?:

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

LOL! Thanks for opening the door to other addicts needing a fix. :lol:

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Then there was the flip. I was going to show it, but I didn't want to show up the other guys with their pulleys, cradles, winches, etc.
I thought more about this statement from my post on Wednesday and wanted to make sure that everyone knew that I was poking fun at myself, because we just had two of us pick up the pontoon and turn it over. :D I have greatly admired not only the fine work posted on here, but also the creative ways that have been used to carefully flip these works of art.

AaronStJ

Post by AaronStJ »

It took you two people? Wimp.

Return to “Wood and Plywood”