Angled Cuts on Transom of Huck Finn

See: "Useful Information and Suppliers" for a list of lumber and plywood suppliers. Also see: "Wood & Plywood Information". Both located in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

DaveLott

Re: Angled Cuts on Transom of Huck Finn

Post by DaveLott »

Aaron, Someone had to consume the "toast" while TAD flipped the toon.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

AaronStJ wrote:It took you two people? Wimp.
Aaron,

Thanks for the compliment. For those that don't know. Wimp stands for: Wonderfull Impressive Marvelous Person.
DaveLott wrote:Aaron, Someone had to consume the "toast" while TAD flipped the toon.
Dave,

I knew I was missing something on the first flip. A toast has been added to the top of my check list for the next two flips. :wink: I was too busy on the first flip making sure that the "TAD" and his friend were perfectly lined up with the Earth's rotation and the Moon's gravitational pull before pulling off such a feat. :lol:
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Chip you are full of more than just chips, my dear laddy. :lol:

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

Needed something to replace the marbles lost while figuring out the ply scarf joint.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Mike,

I have been told quite often that I am full of it. Full of what I don't know. :? :lol: Maybe it's cow chips. :wink:

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

DaveLott wrote:Needed something to replace the marbles lost while figuring out the ply scarf joint.
Marbles, that ain't fair. I only got one. :lol: Now where did it go. :?:

AaronStJ

Post by AaronStJ »

Grand Chillin wrote:Thanks for the compliment. For those that don't know. Wimp stands for: Wonderfull Impressive Marvelous Person.
Certainly :mrgreen:
Grand Chillin wrote:A toast has been added to the top of my check list for the next two flips. :wink:
Hmm... Remind me to build a multihull next...
Grand Chillin wrote:Marbles, that ain't fair. I only got one. :lol: Now where did it go. :?:
Probably behind your muffler bearings. Or else next to the bucket of prop wash. :wink:

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Arron,

You were close. It rolled under my muffler bearings, past the muffler grease and came to rest against my board stretcher. Now if I could only find my "MRI" (Marble Re Implanter) I could get back to work. :lol:

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

HHHMMMMMM....I like that new boatbuilder term....you are full of prop wash!!! :lol: :wink:

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

upspirate wrote:HHHMMMMMM....I like that new boatbuilder term....you are full of prop wash!!! :lol: :wink:
Now what is wrong with that? Momma always told me to keep my prop clean. :wink: :lol:

I wasn't going to update this soon, but I wanted to beat Oyster to the punch. Besides I don't think he came a knocking the other day for an update. I saw those fishing poles behind his back. :D The biggest change on the middle pontoon is it is 12' long while the other two are 16', thus it has one less bulkhead. Another thing I did different was to use true 1" lumber for the bulkhead framing and keel. Something I wish I had done all along. Also, the transom and station 1 are set an extra 2" aft so as to line up with the deck framing. Now remember my bow out problem with pontoon #1. I just knew it would be worse on this shorter pontoon, so I went back to my notes and realized I needed to really soften up the notch in the forward bulkhead. I think my one marble was sitting just right tonight. :D No fairing has been done, so be nice.

"Image"

"Image"

That little shrimp boat is going to bite me if I don't finish it soon. :( But, it's to blame, that's my first Glen-L build. Then a 9' tubby tug and now a battery powered 16' pontoon (modified to a tri-toon). The batteries are going to power a ----------------------. :?: What's next? A 20', 30'. Oh, no. I'll admit it, I need help. But, I think I came to the wrong place for it. :lol:

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

We'll help you with your addiction.... :wink: :twisted: ,,,want another beer...err boat???!!!

A Monaco would be nice on your Golden Pond....... :roll:

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Pirate,

If you are referring to those brown bottles in the pictures I borrowed them from my neighbor. :wink: And if you examine the two pictures you will notice that there are three of them. They are placed in a perfect 90 degree triangle. The fore mentioned triangle was used to verifly the alignment of the laser that was used to determine the center of the keel. :lol:

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

And here I thought you were using the old liquid level trick....not laser!

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

upspirate wrote:And here I thought you were using the old liquid level trick....not laser!
Oh he is using the lquid level. Its just that the air bubble seems to be a bit larger here. :lol: :P :lol:

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Ok,

I'm busted. Since Dave made me realize that I forgot to toast the first flip I figured it was only right to have a post toast. Then I thought that I should pratice my toasting for the next two flips. Would hate to let everyone down again. :oops: Pratice makes perfect. :D Also, I was real happy how the chine turned out on the little toon so another toast was in order. :lol:
"Tiny bubbles, Tiny bubbles" That song has been stuck in my head all day. :?

Return to “Wood and Plywood”