AWWW the guys cook too!

This is for posting recipes of the dishes prepared for the Gathering. This section is for the Gathering WOMEN. This Forum is now locked--if you wish to add a recipe, please email it to Glen-L.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

kens

Re: AWWW the guys cook too!

Postby kens » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:22 pm

:lol: I had to cook. I was a unmarried bachelor until I was 34. It was either cook or starve, so I cooked. :lol:
Anyway, Mom told me the easiest way to a girls heart was via her stomach, so I got comfortable with cooking. Romance was still lacking, but at least I was eating good! :lol:

Lola,
There really isnt a 'recipe' for Low Country Boil. It is a 1 pot deal you just throw everything in there and boil it. However, if you have a sister or cousin that wants me to show her.............
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:02 pm

kens wrote::lol: I had to cook. I was a unmarried bachelor until I was 34. It was either cook or starve, so I cooked. :lol:

I was 36 ;-) ***pb high fives kens***

and Lola when the "WIFE" and I do finally make one of these gatherings I promise ta bring the Patrol Box and do a lil cook'n.

What's that? The wife's favorite ya ask, lol hands down, Pineapple upside down cake in the dutch oven rains high over all. ;-)

Me and some buddies were up in the Selway Bitterroot wilderness years back and I was a cook'n. One of my buddies was eat'n dinner and he says, blair I don't reckon there's nut'n you couldn't cook in that DO, and Jay says I bet he can't cook peanut butter cookies! The very next night I just so happened to have peanut butter in the patrol box and we had peanut butter cookies in the middle of NOWHERE. lol ;-)

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:01 pm

I was in Cabin 15 with Bill Townshaw and Kent Purdy. Two of the best cooks in the history of wood boats.

Upper east central Bama coastal kidney stew.
Put the Kidneys in a Can and boil the Pi$$ out of em!

Lola

Postby Lola » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks, Gentlemen. That's a great start. I like one pot ideas. Bill and I love cooking that way. I don't have any sisters just four smelly brothers. Just so you know it took Kill Bill 41 years to concede that marriage might be an okay idea. :lol:
Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Country Skillet (smallest batch I make):

1 lb hot ground sausage
1 lb mild ground sausage
1 large onion (fine chopped)
1-2 bell peppers (seeded and fine chopped)
6-8 potatoes (cubed)
3 dozen eggs (scrambled)
salt & pepper
optional: 4 cloves garlic crushed

Thoroughly cook the sausage, onion, and bell peppers (optionally with the garlic). Save the drippings
Fry the potato cubes in the drippings until tender and slightly colored.
Scramble 3 dozen eggs (season with salt and pepper).
Mix all cooked ingredients together and serve.

Alternatively:

If you make this in even smaller batches you can cook all of it in the same pan. Brown the sausage, onions, peppers, add the potatoes, then add the eggs about 3 minutes after the potatoes and cook until the eggs are well scrambled. Additionally, if you don't continually stir the eggs to scramble them you'll end up with something more like a Quiche that can be cut and served in wedges.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:00 pm

WHOAAAAA...hold the phone...we have a guy here who even knows how to SPELL quiche !!! We beees in big trouble batman...(Houston, we have a problem!)

Steve :lol: :lol:

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Steve,
Before you hang up that phone I just realized we have a bigger problem than you thought. We actually have two guys here that know how to spell it. :shock: :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol:
Last edited by Grand Chillin on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Grand Chillin wrote:Steve,
Before you hang up that phone I just realized we have a bigger problem than you thought. We actually have two guys here that now how to spell it. :shock: :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol:

Don't make him mad til you taste his chicken Chip..... :wink: :D :D

It's betterin' KFC!!!! :wink:

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Here's the man with the plan!!!
Attachments
leakcheck chicken cookin.jpg
Leackcheck chicken cookin'
leakcheck chicken cookin.jpg (13.1 KiB) Viewed 3273 times

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Hey,
I'm not knocking the man's cookin'. All I'm saying is his spelling is better than mine. :roll: :wink: :lol: And as far as his chicken goes I offer up my services anytime to judge his fine fare. :D
Last edited by Grand Chillin on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:59 am

:roll: no comitt about spelling here I have been asked if I speak english :roll: :lol:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Lola, here's the Grog/Pusser's Pain Killer recipe
2, 3, or 4oz of Pussers Rum
4oz pineapple Juice
1 oz orange juice
1 oz cream of coconut
Serve on ice, stir and, Lola's favorite part the shaving of the nuts, grate fresh nutmeg on the top of your drink.
When I'm sailing I just use the pineapple/orange juice mix it's easier that way but I always shave my nuts.
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:51 pm

gaffrig24 wrote:.... but I always shave my nuts.

Not only that folks, he doesn't let his meatloaf either.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:36 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Wow, I just lost my appetite! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

Return to “Gathering Recipes”