Let's decide what dates for "The Gathering."

What time of year would make you the happiest?

Spring - mid May while off season rates still apply
5%
Late Summer - mid September when off season rates are back in force but water is still warm
21%
Fall - end of October when the weather is crisp and the fall colors peak
74%

Total votes: 19

Dave Grason

Let's decide what dates for "The Gathering."

Postby Dave Grason » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:44 pm

Here's your chance to submit your input. If you can attend our Gathering, tell us what time of year would work best for you. Be sure to factor in build time if you can at all bring your boat.

BTW, if you have not finished your boat by the time The Gathering arrives, possibly you could at least get it trailerable and bring it anyway. There will be lots of people that would love to compare and network ideas.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Smith Brother

Postby Smith Brother » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:34 am

I will bring my 78" 1950's 3 h.p. IO and our Sea Knight even if it AIN'T finished. I will be in the cabin building stage. It will have my one owner ( Charlie bought new in 1963 ) Evinrude Starflite III 75 h.p.

Thanks,

Dale
Indy

P.S. I voted FALL, 2007
I AM ALWAYS DOING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. ~ Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:47 am

Smith Brother wrote: P.S. I voted FALL, 2007

I did too. Gives me more build time. lol
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:04 am

I have been married soooo long...here is the deal:

Just tell me the date, the time, what to bring and what to wear and I will be there!

Steve

Smith Brother

Postby Smith Brother » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:38 am

Oh now Steve, ADMIT it, she is one smart gal, she has TRAINED you well.

See you there, YOU are one of several I am looking forward to meeting, we may have some things in common. LOL :wink:

Dale :)
Indy

P.S. I made a deal with my bride of 46 years. SHE WINS THE ARGUMENTS, but I GET MY WAY. Works, :wink: :wink:
I AM ALWAYS DOING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. ~ Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973

kens

Postby kens » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:14 am

P.S. I made a deal with my bride of 46 years....but I GET MY WAY. Works,

Yeah,.......Rrrright

kens

Postby kens » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:17 am

Well it looks like Guntersville in late October.
What is the name of the place, Marina, village or wherever we'll do this?
I would like to nail down reservations.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:31 pm

Ok, the latest scoop:

We're leaning toward the Signal Point Marina. I was thinking that it would be good to find out about houseboat rentals in case anyone wanted to spend their "motel" time on the water instead of looking at water from a distant motel room. If you get a couple of friends together, the houseboat is as cheap and LOADS, LOADS, LOADS, more fun!!! My wife and I have been renting houseboats on various lakes since 87 when we got married but we have not done it lately because prices are so high. I think I mentioned this on the other thread but Guntersville Lake has one houseboat rental agency and I talked to the owner yesterday evening. His name is Richard and he was super helpful. His rental biz will up and running next year and his boats will be brand spanking new. He highly recommended Signal Point Marina because he's good friends with the owner. They have dock space for about 40-50 boats if we wanted to do an in the water boat show. I think that would be cool.

This comming Saturday, October 14th will be their 9th Anuall Chili Cookoff. Bill Edmundson and I were talking about attending the Chili Cookoff just so we could meet Richard, the Marina owner, see what the layout was and eat a little Alabama chili in the process. Richard seemed to think that if we had a gathering of boat builders, we would probably get the attention of the local newspaper and an article would be printed about us. I'm thinking they must have a lot of slow news days in big Guntersville. LOL

So I'm supposed to get together with Bill before Friday evening and decide how we'll find each other Saturday morning. My wife and I are going to go down this Friday, spend Saturday and piddle around maybe Sunday too. But we'll get to see what Guntersville is really like and have even more 411 for everyone.

BTW, I think this is post # 999 for me. My next post will be my 1000th. That's gotta be a milestone but Graham is way ahead of me.

Smith Brother

Postby Smith Brother » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:37 pm

You AREN'T saying he is a motor mouth are you? :wink: If he is, he sure is a knowledgeabe one.

Enjoy BOTH your posts, FOR SURE....

Dale :)
Indy
Last edited by Smith Brother on Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:42 pm

I see very little difference in the posts between Graham and Dave...

The percentages are about equal:

Graham is 90% substance, 10% BS
Dave is 90% BS and 10% substance

Doesnt that make them balance out or something? Graham is starbord, Dave is Port and I am Beer!

Steve

ps..Dave don't you dare ban me from this forum for that...you know I am just toying with ya !!!

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:53 pm

leakcheck wrote:...Dave is 90% BS and 10% substance...

ROTFLMAO!!

NO NO NO You've got it all wrong! That's John Bowen ...... not me!!

Ban you nothing. That's the best laugh I've had all day. I presume by now you've seen the my response to your fastest boat plans question.

John Bowen

Postby John Bowen » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:13 pm

Dave Grason wrote:
leakcheck wrote:...Dave is 90% BS and 10% substance...

ROTFLMAO!!

NO NO NO You've got it all wrong! That's John Bowen ...... not me!!

Were you waiting for a reply :?:

Well, wait a little longer :P (At least till I down this here BEER!)
One day.

kens

Postby kens » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:39 pm

I just started cutting out templates for my sides skins, save a boat slip for me!!

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:02 pm

Dave,

Plan to be there Saturday morning. Looked the place up on Google. It looks to be right next to the State Park. Camping and cabins close by. Short boat ride from the cabins. Lots of options for lodging. :D

Signal Point, on paper (or computer), looks great! :)

See you, Saturday. Lauren doesn't get in till late Friday nite. So, she'll sleep late. I'll probably leave B'ham around 7:00 am. I think, that will put me there around 9:30 or 10:00. We'll talk before then.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Lewis Barrett

Postby Lewis Barrett » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:57 pm

I just crossed over Lake Guntersville on my way back from Hunstville this weekend visting inlaws. It is very nice this time of year. The lake appeared to be close to full pool unlike many other lakes in the south this time of year.

David

Return to “Gathering 2007”