Let's make commitments for Guntersville 07

Dave Grason

Let's make commitments for Guntersville 07

Postby Dave Grason » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:00 am

Ok guys, here is the all important 411 for having the Gathering at Lake Guntersville State Park. Obviously, we've chosen the weekend that EVERYBODY wants and for the same reason - the fall colors. However, prices do NOT go up just because of that. They're the same but we do need to book right away. Here are prices and a quick description for everything available at the state park:

Suites at the lodge are $125 plus tax. The suites include a living room, bedroom, kitchenette and 1 a half baths.

Rooms are $98 per night plus tax and have 2 king sized beds

Chalets have enough sleeping for 6 - 8 people if anyone wants to combine efforts. They include 1 king sized bed in one rooom and 2 double beds in the other. Chalets have 1 bath and a fireplace. They go for $110 per night.

Cabins also have 1 king sized bed in one room and 2 doubles in the other. They have no fireplace but instead have 2 bathrooms. They are also $110 per night.

The larger of the 2 boat docks in located right next to the campground but it is on a first come first serve basis as is the campground.

There is the pavillion on site but as I stated in the newsletter, it's located with the cabins. We cannot reserve it unless we also reserve at least one cabin. That's because there is no restroom available to the public. If we use the pavillion, we have to have a cabin so that folks have bathroom facilities.

Virtually everything is available for the weekend that we've chosen, Oct 27 & 28, 2007 but the cabins are going fast. I'm going to reserve one this coming week so that we lock in the use of the pavillion. I had intended to bring my teardrop trailer so that I could camp in it but it's generating so much interest with folks wanting to buy it that it probably won't be available anyway. So I'm going to go ahead and get a cabin.

So folks, let's start chiming in so we can get an idea of just how many. Do me a favor and don't chime in if you're not quite sure. We need hard concrete commitments. Thanx everyone.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

kens

Postby kens » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:04 am

What happened to the floating condo idea?
I have committed a reservation in the park.
Can you post the phone number for the State Paek for others.

Also, the pavillion is $50 day, plus needing a cabin. How should the cost be handled on this?

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:15 pm

:D I just committed to a Lake Cabin. (Thursday, Friday & Saturday Nights)8)

I'll donate to the Pavillion. But, I'll bet we could sit in it and talk without paying! :lol:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:17 pm

I'd be willing to be that if we had enough people reserved, they'd give us the pavillion. However, before too many people make reservations, let's see how we go about making sure that the park folks know that we're all with the same group. That way they'd have more info to work with.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:23 pm

Dave.

I'm sure the info is probably out there someplace, but could you remind us of the reservations phone numbers for the lodge?

Does the campground accept reservations? If so, do we have a number for that, too?

I guess this means... "count me in".

B.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:35 pm

1-800-ALA-PARK, 1-800548-4553, 1-256-571-5440

When I made my reservation, they asked if I was with a group. I said we weren't official, yet. But, we're a bunch of boat builders. They are aware of us! :wink:

I called the 256 number, which is the Guntersville number.

Deposit is one nights rent. Refundable, up to 72 hours before arrival.

The lodge is supposed to be open now. The women I talked to said, she hoped it would be open by our get together? Hey, it's the state.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:22 pm

kens wrote:What happened to the floating condo idea?

Also, the pavillion is $50 day, plus needing a cabin. How should the cost be handled on this?

No one really made a strong bid for the floating condos and the state park had everything we needed. Bill and I decided that we'd do the state park this year and if the gathering was a success making us want to repeat it in 2008, we'd do the floating condos then.

As far as $50 for the pavillion goes, heck! That's pocket change. I'd put that up myself. No big deal. Or we could wrap it up into beer, brats, charcoal and ice and pass the hat among everyone. We've got plenty of time on that one so we can discuss it and make a decision as things unfold. But not to worry. I'll make sure we've got the pavillion covered.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:57 pm

I'm with Dave. We'll have the Pavillion!

Even if it's only Dave, Connie, Lauren and me. :shock:

We're going!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:01 pm

Okay, I don't think we are supposed to post here unless we are committed: but I THINK I am committed. Bill kind of threw me a curve today so now I am not sure !

Steve

PS..Still don't know what or whom I am bringing.

kens

Postby kens » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:34 pm

I'm going in on Wednesday, thru Sunday. I hope tp take some kind of cruise on the Tennessee river before the event.

I called and asked about the dock, and they said there isnt one. How does the dock space work out?

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:29 pm

leakcheck wrote:Okay, I don't think we are supposed to post here unless we are committed: but I THINK I am committed..

Well you SHOULD be committed.

YUK, YUK, Sorry I couldn't resist. :lol:

John K

Postby John K » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:18 am

I am committed to being there, but make the 45 minute drive instead of staying there.

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:31 am

I will definitely be there also
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:13 pm

:lol: So far, Bruce has the winner for distance! :lol:

Come on now. You guys can top that. Maybe, I'm working on something that will raise your interest!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

tgattis

The Gathering

Postby tgattis » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:17 pm

Hey All,

I will be there with my Zip. Should have her finished before spring. Folks live in Huntsville so we will be close. Looking forward to it!

Return to “Gathering 2007”