Let's make commitments for Guntersville 07

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Steve (Leakcheck)

Lauren says that you can avoid at least 1 trip into the lake. If! You dress as a LOLA! Fishnets and ALL! She has a spare wig! :P

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:07 pm

I just posted this on another thread, but I figured this is where it really belongs... I'm committed! Got an email late last night from a buddy of mine who's going to join me coming in from Atlanta. Actually, he's in Marietta, which will explain a lot when you meet him, especially for those who've gotten to know Leakcheck in the forum here.... :shock: :lol:

So --- I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there! The current plan is for us to come in on Friday afternoon towing my Catalina 22, which will be our lodging for the weekend. We're going to try to work it out to stay until Sunday. I'm happy to offer my boat for use as a photo platform, and we have a spare bunk for anyone needing a place to lay their head. PM me if you're remotely interested and I can give you my email & cell phone #.

I may have to bum a shower or two from somebody with more civil accommodations. :wink:

Three weeks to go!
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Sorry, I lost control of this.

Dave & Connie Grason
Bill & Lauren Edmundson
Steve (Leakcheck)
Kens
Warren W
JohnK
Gayle and John Brantuk
Barry & Anke Witt
Bob & Sue Londress (narduccimarine)
Lamar & Karen Summerlin (Friends of mine who want to build)
Warren (upspirate) & Debbie
Bruce Dow
Paul Kane (Mr. Hot Rod)
Dave Metzker
Oyster & Wife
Falcon
John Bowen & a Friend (as of 10/5? But, Still trying to work it out.)
Ray Macke
Jimmy70 & ?Spouse maybe.
Gary McCusker
Jeff & Melanie (BayuoBengal)
Butch Barto And Friends
Dwain Coltin
Bill E & Friend
Bud_Wilson
Dale & Wife

I'm sure I've missed somebody and somebody has backed out.

But, all are welcome.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

swidm

Postby swidm » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:17 pm

I plan on being there with my 12' catboat "Gem" made from bateau.com plans. I will be driving in from Kennesaw and plan on sleeping on the boat.

I also believe Keith McNeal will be there with his Stevenson Vacationer.

Last edited by swidm on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:44 pm

Beautiful boat! So who are you? Where and what do you teach? I assume you sail on Allatoona (when it has water in it)?

Looking forward to meeting you at the Gathering! I actually bought Vacationer plans about 6 years ago. Man, how time flies! I got to meet a guy down at the AL coast who had built a Weekender, and that just seemed a bit too small (esp. for my wife!). It will be interesting to see a Vacationer up close - it's actually close to my C22 in overall length.

2 1/2 weeks to go!

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:00 pm

Shoot dang @!@ Time is running out and now I have to put another outfit together...I have no idea where I put my fishnets (the ones I wear not the ones I fish with !)

Boat is out of the water...started to sand down the bottom to repaint..had no intention of sanding or doing anything with the above water paint as it was just "ok"...so...........

Neighborhood kid sees me outback working on the boat, asks if he can help. I really didnt want him around too much of the stuff as I had power sanders and interstrip 299E in a bowl with a brush in it...and cords etc hanging around..I told him it would be better if he just watched me, unless it got dusty, in which case it would be best if he went home.

he sat watching patiently for a while (a minute maybe), then he says: I know what I can do, I can make believe I am painting for you !!

Okay, that will keep him out of my hair...do whatever you want, hell make believe you are at Guntersville !

So I have the boat on its side, I am working like a dog bursting the blisters on the bottom ...after about 15 minutes of silence I walk to the back of the boat and there is Matt with THE PAINT BRUSH AND THE STRIPPER PAINTING THE TRANSOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the entire transom is "blistered" as that damn 299E works pretty darn good right there !!! ...He said I thought it was make believe cuz there was no color, it was just jelly !!!

Hard to believe a year from now we will all be sitting around laughing about this saying" Can you believe Matt has been dead a year?"

Steve

So, no I am really running out of time !!! ...I havent even got the boat or trailer registered...what a freaking loser !

Bill, you can shower at my place...I might not even make it at this rate!

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:08 pm

...So my buddy Hector, the guy from Marietta who I'm bringing along to the Gathering, calls me up this afternoon and says, "Hey, Bill! You won't ever guess what my son Matt just did...." :shock:

swidm

Postby swidm » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:34 am

Oops, supply a name might be helpful. I am Scott Widmier from Kennesaw and I will be bringing a bateau.com c12 which is one of six boats I have built. I am currently finishing up a dodger that fits over the front of the cockpit making a 6' long cubby in which to sleep. Already tried out the boat once on Hartwell where I found a lace-in canvas berth wasn't such a good idea.

I do have to ask, for those of us who haven't been keeping track of this forum but intend on coming, could you please make a thread discussing what we need to bring and/or prepare? BTW, I do not own a pair of fishnet hose :lol:

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:40 am

Bill that was good :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swidm...check on the food list a couple of hits below, other than that you are on your own. You can see that there are some food headlines, I will be asking for a salad for saturday lunch at some point...potato salad or something maybe...but wait until I see what we need.

Steve

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:49 am

Scott - welcome to the forum. I think I recall your name from the BYYB forum a while back, would that be right? I don't remember you being in Kennesaw, but maybe I've just forgotten... it's been a while! Or maybe from Duckworks Magazine, now that I Google your name. Or both.

Steve, your story was one of the funniest things I've read in at least the past couple of hours. I truly laughed out loud last night at a time I really needed it (working late). I then had to read it to Janet, and then forward the link to Hector, whose sons will henceforth be known as "Toby" and "Noah" (wink, wink). Somehow, I think any story around here containing the words "Leakcheck", "stripper", and "blisters on the bottom" is off to a good start. Glad I could give you a grin back.

What can we do to help you get back on track and get your blistered bottom over to Guntersville? Say the word....

swidm

Postby swidm » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:11 am

Yes, I was Commadore of the BYYB for awhile and have written an article or two for duckworks.

Speaking of stories, I do love the pretend paint story as well! :lol:

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:20 am

Oh how I wish it was pretend !!! ....You will find me in the back yard this weekend sanding and painting...I will get it fixed before the Gathering !!

Hey, I am just thankful he didnt decide to eat the stuff !!

Steve

kens

Postby kens » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:31 pm

Actually, I think you are fortunate. Crap keeps happening to my project, and I look around for someone to blame it on. At least you got an alibi.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:43 pm

Actually, I think you are fortunate. Crap keeps happening to my project, and I look around for someone to blame it on. At least you got an alibi.

:lol: I'm scratching in the cat box frantically. I'm trying to cover my sh__! But, you'll get to see it anyway.

I've just put deck battens on, working on electrical, UV protection, installing mechanical, fairing... Yeah, that's it! I'm still fairing!

I hope there will lots to learn from my mistakes.

Does anybody remember the visible man and visible women see through model?

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:23 pm

Hey guys, I am planning on attending as well with my Vacationer as Scott Ridmiew (I can spell your name backwards too) spoke about. I'll probably arrive on Friday morning or Thursday night if I can get away in time. I'll be sleeping aboard and hopefully bringing some homebrew beer....sorry it's going fast. I look forward to meeting some new builders out there. Hopefully some of you will attend our future gatherings as well. See you there

Keith McLean

Return to “Gathering 2007”