Let's make commitments for Guntersville 07

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:42 pm

Keith,

The Lake Cabins have nice quiet coves around them. I'll try to take a GPS. If you can't zoom in maybe we can give numbers. But, I think we have 6 or 7 of the cabins. I'll bet we can come up with a shower, etc..

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 pm

wow...I actually just said something here...and then UN-said it with an edit...there really is a GOD !@!!!!!

STeve

Tom Drake

Gathering Committment

Postby Tom Drake » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:16 am

Hey Guys,
I now have a pretty good understanding of the food and beverage plans for the big event, but what will be the prescribed ( or recommended) proceedure upon arriving at the State Park with a boat ? Tina (wife) and I will arrive Friday AM and can help out if there is to be a registration. I'm spring loaded on ready to help out.

Tom Drake

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:54 am

Great question Tom.

Hey, you guys that have been to Gunersville...what do we have to do ? Anything ? or just pull up and go? I have a cabin (I think :o ) So I guess i can just pull mine up to the cabin...all of its nine feet.

But are there any special circumstances we need to know about? If we dont get a response here I will call the gals at the state park and inquire.,

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:38 am

Steve,

I don't know of any "Special Requirements". I think anything in the water is fair game. If a few people will PM me with cell phone numbers, I'll put a contact list for people needing last minute info. or direction. I just put my GPS in the bag and I can give numbers once we're there.

The phone list I'll include mine. But, it's my work phone and it's out of our territory. So, I don't know about coverage.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:09 pm

For anyone (like me!) who this may affect, T-Mobile looks like it will only have spotty coverage in the park, with your best shot at a signal being at (or on) the water:

BTW, white is no signal; dark green is good.

-wte
Last edited by Bill E on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

Krugwaffle

Postby Krugwaffle » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:14 pm

We dropped Sprint because it was non-functional in most places in the park. We now use AT&T Cingular which seems to always be there but marginal.

The cabins have their own launch ramp but it's not a very big one. I've seen 24' poontons launched there but I wouldn't use it for a heavy, deep draft hull.

In the above map, there's a little pucker in the shoreline of the park, due East of the 227 marker on the highway. That's where the ramp is. That water is fairly deep but narrow.
Enough youth, now how 'bout a fountain of SMART!

kens

Postby kens » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:24 pm

Well now your scaring me. Even IF I do get the boat done, there aint enough water for me to launch it?
Right now, I got a fair chance of doing sea trials at the Park.

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:40 pm

Kens, you just get it built...we will help you get it into the water 8) :lol:

Steve

What is the draft on your boat? 18" ??

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:40 pm

I'm sure the main ramp has plenty of water.

The ramp at the Lake Cabins is small. But, at the main ramp you can back a semi-rig in there.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Bud_Wilson

Gunterville State Park

Postby Bud_Wilson » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Gunterville State park campground has two good big ramps with walk outdock and parking. I would think we can launch any thing that is considered trailor sailor size there. We are going to have the gathering at the camp ground right? Bud :)
Y'All Come Cap'N Bud.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Bud,

Saturday, I think we should be near the main public area the boat ramp near the Beach Pavilion. But, I have the Lake Cabin Pavilion, Friday and Saturday. This allows us not to try to feed the world and be able to talk to each other.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

steve crawford

The drought

Postby steve crawford » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:41 pm

Isn't the drought over in Georgia spread back that way at all? Atlanta is not that far away. I saw their reservoir and all the docks way up on land ,that is a bad situation....................

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:57 pm

Here is the deal ...Georgians are morons..Alabamians arent as stupid as the jokes make them out to be:

Georgia water is controlled by Army Corp of Engineers (some of the most rediculous decisions in the world have come out of that group of people)

ALabama BUYS (some) of their water from Georgia !!!

I think Alabama waters are control by the TVA ...seems that Alabama has plenty of water !!

NO excuse for why Georgia has not been drilling commercial wells. Marietta has all of its water in surface water ...the most easily contaminated (either accidentally or intentionally!!!) water source available.

So alabama drinks our water and boats on their own lakes and rivers and toasts to us while they are doing it !!!

Steve

Oh, and we are trying to keep the water up in some place in Flordia because of some endangered snail or something.

kens

Postby kens » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:05 pm

Here in Savannah, we been flooded most of the summer. Had a drought winter/spring, then from June on, we had unrelentless rain. One weekend alone was 16". Couple weeks ago we had a 10" rain one weekend. Then we have periodic rains in between. We been soaked down here. Recently a beaver got road killed escaping the deluge.

Return to “Gathering 2007”