Let's make commitments for Guntersville 07

Smith Brother

Postby Smith Brother » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:59 pm

I seem to find projects that TAKE A LOT MORE TIME THAN ONE WOULD THINK. Example, 200 plus hours on a spaceship for our grandson. Maybe I will bring it for you to see.

For such a small boat, ( 78" ) it has really developed into a project. You know how it goes, you plan on doing just a few things, and BEFORE you know it, you have it all apart, and are doing major things as well.

Good thing I like you all, as I have been working my tail off on this 1956 3 h.p. I O. I am really beginning to like it, so maybe offering it on Ebay, WON'T happen. I will be interested in some opinions as to what it might be worth though, so don't be bashful, SPEAK UP WHEN YOU SEE IT.

Dale in Indy
I AM ALWAYS DOING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. ~ Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:17 am

Dale I am about to impart some wisdom:

"Some things take longer than they take."

I think that is a Yogiism..but it is soooo true.

Steve

John Bowen

Postby John Bowen » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:02 pm

I know this is a bit LATE!! BUT, I did say "come hell or high water".
John (me :shock: ), will be there!!!!

One Day looking good, One Day damn it, One Day looking good, One Day damn it, so on and so on. But now, all is well and I's ah go'en to be there!
Seeing a pic of Steve going in just ain't the same as seeing in person :wink:

I'll help out where I can so just grab me arm (that is, as long as it's not the one with beer in hand :roll: ).
One day.

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:27 pm

John,

I understand completely...right now I am in the "not looking good column"...but things change so fast I am just going to run with it...and see what happens.

Steve

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:42 pm

Steve,We don't care if the boats done,just get it on a trailer& get it there! Just don't forget the beer....that's what counts! :roll: :shock: 8)

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Heck, Steve, if it comes down to it, forget the boat. Just get your own blistered bottom over to G'ville!
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

kens

Postby kens » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:05 pm

Does anybody have a prop puller for 1 1/4" shaft?
Looks like I'll be doing maiden voyage there, and may need to experiment with props. I aint got a prop puller yet. Got 3 props, but no puller.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:10 pm

Kens,Is your rudder directly behind the prop shaft?I u have a puller that I used on my old V-drive,but the rudder was off to one side just enough to use a regular gear puller.

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:28 pm

I'll bring my gear puller. I'll also bring my $5 home-built prop puller.

(three threaded shafts... six bolts.... six electric junction box covers... some creative drilling and cut-outs... )

B.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

kens

Postby kens » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:08 am

My rudder is offset,
thanks, guys.

Krugwaffle

Postby Krugwaffle » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:12 am

My dad probably has the exact thing you're looking for sittin' down there in his garage, Kenney. I'll call tonight and see if it rings any bells. Maybe he will know what you need and can bring it. He might calll you....
Enough youth, now how 'bout a fountain of SMART!

Dale K.

Postby Dale K. » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:05 am

Hello, all. I'm a first time poster here on the Glen-L forum. I'm a regular over on the TSBB. I've been sailing since '99 and just built my first boat last year - a Bateau Nutshell dinghy which I modified as a sailer. A friend of mine, Scott Widmier told me about The Gathering and invited me; so I'm coming down from Dalton, GA. I'm bringing my dinghy with me and will look forward to meeting everyone and seeing some other builds. I've been thinking about my next build and am considering a Glen-L 14. Anyone bringing one? I may stop by for a few minutes on Friday afternoon and check the setup and then be back on Saturday morning. I'm taking my wife to the play at the theater in town on Friday night and staying at a motel in town. Since I'm a pastor, I'll need to get on back and get ready for Sunday. Sorry I haven't read the entire 17 pages of posts with details but I'll try to wade through more of it before leaving.

John Bowen

Postby John Bowen » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:41 pm

Glad to see another sailboat showing up!! Them there power boaters are just taking the lead. Wish I had one (sailboat) to help in this matter :roll:

(Don't say it Bill :wink: )
One day.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:32 pm

:wink:

Happy Birthday, John!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

John Bowen

Postby John Bowen » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:07 am

My sister (behave Steve) took me to a movie the other nite, thought I could get in a few days early. NOPE! The bas$$$$$ went from 55 to 60, go figure! :?
One day.

Return to “Gathering 2007”