The Gathering

kens

Postby kens » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:54 pm

OK, so here we are at crunch time. My project ISN'T gonna be done for the shindig. However, if I make progress as I have lately, I can bring it as a "prototype" configuration. I can wait on paint on the deck. I can install temporary, 'prototype' helm station, and launch the damn thing. Maybe get a correct prop sizing trial run. At least figure out if it floats. I been wanting to stall the florboards anyway, I want to use it a little to accept a configuration of my forward boards.
Temporary helm? I got a gut feeling I am gonna end up with hydraulic steering ($$$$), maybe I can launch with push/pull cable just to say I did that. The only way I can see to launch, is to use a old runabout-side-mount control box, but that would be a Ruby Goldberg looking thing at best. I do have a good looking set of guages though, all wired up and running, but they are not in a decent dash.
So, IF I get this thing to go, please bear with me, it is a "prototype" helm configuration.

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:23 pm

Ken
Ive been thrashing on mine for the last 3 weeks. I WILL have it ready to dunk in the lake but with a plastic motor. The real one is going to stay at home. After all this work I would like to see it get wet. Definitely bring yours, Im sure we ( the un-finished ones ) would like to see each others work.
Please dont critique my paint job, its only a start. Did I say I hate painting and sanding !
Cant wait
Bob
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:31 pm

Thanks guys. I think it is imperative that you bring your boat, even if in the end it doesnt even get wet....this is what it is all about.

Steve

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:55 pm

I agree.If it's not quite done you are just....normal!!!
We actually will realize that you built it instead of buying a finished one!
Hell,if things go right,I will be bringing one that's not even mine,but a friend's boat, he couldn't make it & let me bring it to show!(it'll stay on the trailer though).
So my opinion is if you got it, bring it,no matter what stage it's in.
It'll show the public what's under the skin & what goes into building one!
:shock: :P :wink:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:23 pm

There is probably more to learn from an unfinished boat that a finished one. Specially if it's doing 40 mph.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:21 am

No 40mph for me, I aint got that kind of power. My original target was 20kts @ 3 gallon/hr. What I got is a 4-banger in a 25' hull.

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:21 am

Hmmmm.... I guess I COULD drop mine in the lake for a paddle... Maybe mark my waterline for painting the boot top....

Engine won't be hooked up.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:32 am

Hey , Im bringing a boat that runs along with the unfinished cracker. I'll hook up a line and pull you.
Leave the paddle home !

Bob

Butch Barto

Postby Butch Barto » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:58 pm

I TOOK MINE TO A SMALL RIVER NEAR BY AND PUT HER IN THE WATER LONG BEFORE SHE WAS FINISHED TO MARK FOR BOOTTOP STRIPE I DID HAVE MY MOTOR IN AND HOOKED UP ,HAD TO ADD SOME LIFTING WEIGHTS FOR THINGS THAT WERE MISSING. ALSO A LEAK CHEAK .I COULD NOT RESIST I HAD TO CRANK HER UP ,MAN DID SHE SOUND GOOD ECHOING THROUGH THE WOODS. SEE YALL AT THE GATHERING PS I WILL BE IN THE WATER IF IT'S FLOATS PUT IT IN THE LAKE TRAILERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE AND YUPPYS WITH HARLEYS

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:52 pm

Butch.
Your boat looks fantastic. I cant wait to see it up close. Dont try to race the Checkmate though, It could turn out bad !
Bob

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:18 pm

What is the better way to come up from the south(west coast FLA)
My girlfriends TOM_TOM navigator thingie says to go up I-75 through Atlanta then over to Guntersville.I seem to remember something about bad grades that way when pulling,although my rig should be ok.
AAA routes me up US 19 to I-10 then west& up through Alabama as does Mapquest &Yahoo maps.
I can't find the previous post about the route.
Thanks & see you all there! 8) :D

PapaDon

Postby PapaDon » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:59 am

Well, here I sit on the eastern flank of the Sierra Nevada's being as envious and jealous as I can be! BUT, I want to wish you all (or is that Yawl???) THE VERY BEST OF TIMES....
If God had intended for us to have fibreglass boats, we would have fibreglass trees.

gregggrundon

Fun

Postby gregggrundon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:38 pm

Y'all have fun; be safe. Wish I were there.
Aloha,

Gregg
Jolly Roger 30'(Extended)
Marshall Islands, R. M. I.

terrymc

Postby terrymc » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:15 am

Hey Papa,

Ain't all that far to the delta from Reno - why don't you join us at the Sugar Barge on Sunday for the "west coast gathering" - see the thread under "Small outboards". Looks like we are going to have 5 or 6 boats there...

TRM

Return to “Gathering 2007”