Non Glen-L boats

gaffrig24

Non Glen-L boats

Postby gaffrig24 » Sat May 12, 2007 8:56 am

I'm a builder but not of a Glen-L. I built a Stevensons Vacationer. We have an active fleet with the BYYB.org in the SE and some of us would like to join you at your gathering. I'm wondering if others are welcome to come by and sail with you. It would be great to meet other builders in the SE area.

Keith M

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat May 12, 2007 4:17 pm

Keith,

Of coarse, you're welcome.

We all share the same experience. Glen-L I a great host to this forum. But, they know they don't have all the great designs. Maybe, next time you'll chose one of their's.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Sat May 12, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks Bill, I'll pass the word out to the other builders in our group. I've looked at a lot of your plans in the past and someday I may just have to build one of those fine looking Glen-L boats. I'd love to build a runabout and someday a larger sailboat. It will be a while though, I've got to forget all the days spent working on my Vacationer. It's tough to work with wood all day then go home and do it there too.

Keith

John K

Postby John K » Sun May 13, 2007 6:02 am

Hi Keith,
Just see that you are from Covington GA. Sure wish I knew that there were active wood boaters there. I retired from my job in 2003 from Covington and moved to Leesburg.

John Bowen

Postby John Bowen » Sun May 13, 2007 8:56 am

Hi Ya All,

Hi Ya Keith,
I agree with Bill (seeing how he's one of the "helpers" putting this together, he should know :) ), this Gathering is neither sanctioned nor sponsored by Glen-L. This guy Dave :) from this Glen-L forum, thought it'd be a neat thing to hold. So, ............

But, that's not to say that someone from Glen-L wont show up. Maybe Gayle?
(and you thought she was just rowing that Bull's-Eye around the bay for fun, ye Steve :wink: :lol: )
Maybe she'll bring some of those ballcaps and t-shirts with her?

Keith, just don't forget that Chair & Cooler thing.

Hope to see ya all there.
One day.

John Bowen

Postby John Bowen » Sun May 13, 2007 9:59 am

P.S.

Keith,
That's not to say Glen-L isn't helping out, THEY ARE. Not only thru the use of this Forum. But, also thru the great News Letter they so kindly spend they'er time putting together every month and E'ing to us. And I THANK THEM for that. If you haven't signed up to receive such, your missing out on alot of good builds going on and info.
One day.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun May 13, 2007 6:02 pm

Welcome back, John.

I already have the ice chest full for October! The only problem is keeping it that way!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:41 pm

For those who might be able to make it we are getting a group together for the SummerSailstice in June. It looks like we are going to meet up at Hart State Park on Lake Hartwell. The dates will be June 23 and 24. I usually try to get up there a day or two early along with some other folks. The location is not set in stone yet but I'll keep you updated on it. Anyone who would like to join us would be very welcome. Last year we had 10 boats and had a small boatshow for the campers. We also had model boats for the kids to build and a BBQ dinner on saturday night. This year we are going to try to put a pirate battle together on the water for the kids to watch. It should be a good time. Send me an email for more info byyb-rc at earthlink dot com. You sould also check out the Summersailstice website here www.summersailstice.com

John K if you ever get back to the area look me up and maybe we can get out for a sail

Keith

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu May 17, 2007 6:33 pm

Keith,

Pretty boat! 8) Hope to see it this fall. With a good wind, sail with you. :)

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Dwain the ski king

Riders to forum

Postby Dwain the ski king » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:27 pm

Dwain, the Ski King here.....Still looking for someone to ride along(and maybe help with the fuel) to the "Gathering". If someone is interested E-M me at dbcolton@ccwebster.net......I just booked a Airline ticket, as a backup, if I get no comers......I want to take my Ski King back there, but don't want to make the trip alone......Wife not up to the ride.....Dwain....

Return to “Gathering 2007”