Is there fuel at the Gathering?

kens

Is there fuel at the Gathering?

Postby kens » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:00 pm

What is the status of fuel at the campground?
Gas dock there?
Do we carry gerry cans?
Gas station nearby?

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:25 pm

:oops: :oops: I didn't think about that important question! :oops: :oops:

The marina that we first looked at in Dave's Guntersville report has a gas dock. As I remember there is a gas station at the park entrance. It's about 2 easy miles from the main boat ramp.

One more thing to check on!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:02 pm

There are probably 4 or 5 gas docks within 2 miles of the site. I dont think it will be a problem
Bob
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:24 pm

There are probably 4 or 5 gas docks within 2 miles of the site. I dont think it will be a problem
Bob
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short

http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:08 pm

Thanks Bob.

I don't have any current knowledge of the lake from the boating side. We started looking for someplace that would target as many builders access for as many people as possible.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:49 am

Plus you can bring your wife, sister, mother-in-law, daughter, mother...and they can all be the same person...we will be in ALABAMA !

Steve

Do wet suits come in extra dry with wicked good flotation?? And maybe a built in GPS in the event I find myself in the middle of the lake ALONE

Krugwaffle

Postby Krugwaffle » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:22 pm

The new higher resolution images of Guntersville on Google Earth really help out finding stuff. If you look at the main gate to the park, you can see the little baitshop/gas station directly across the highway. From the main gate, turning to the left onto the highway takes you more or less northward to the Towne Creek bridge. On the north shore, near the bridge is a little store that is still part of the park. They have a fuel dock I believe. You'll have to check to make sure it's still open because they shut down the little store in late fall. It was open late last year but other years it's been closed by mid October.

There's two more bait shops as you proceed north on 227 but I don't think they have gas pumps. One of them is an old gas station but I think they took the pumps out. I don't think there's another gas station on that road until you get to Five Points about 3.5 miles further out.

If you leave the park gate and turn south, back towards Guntersville, I don't think there's a gas station until you get all the way over the mountain.

Return to “Gathering 2007”