Serious Note

leakcheck

Serious Note

Postby leakcheck » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:15 pm

Okay guys: On a serious note (my wife is laughing right now)

Let's decide who is running the show first of all, whether officially or unofficially. I say that it is Bill Edmunson and Dave Grason. So one problem solved!

Second: Lets try to really get serious about people who are willing to provide meals. If someone is truly willing to make a gumbo etc, it might be helpfull to get a grip on attendance. (Knowing that this is an open invite to everyone we will never really know what attendance will be HOWEVER ...we WILL know pretty much what the Glen-L attendance will be (with wives and friends)...so we can safely plan meals for US ...

Let me know what you guys think and if you want to persue this further or if you just want to drop the whole thing and resort to every man for himself.

Steve

PS..I still have this plan up my sleeve for a candlelit dinner with Gayle...If my wife comes with me to the Gathering, No one has ever heard of leakcheck before ...thanks

Steve

kens

Postby kens » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:39 pm

Are you talking about Saturday?

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:45 pm

Kens, I am talking about the whole weekend. Some people (probably mostly Glen-L people will be there on Friday night)...then the bulk of the people will be there Saturday.

But, i was just trying to get a handle on how serious people were on actually making this a "gathering"...a social event. It might be nice to keep as many of us together for a long as we can.

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:49 pm

:shock: ME :?: :roll: Damn, my wife's fears are coming true. We're all in trouble.

It is several miles back to town, with curvy roads. We still plan to do Jerk Chicken. Although, Lauren still wants to get catering. She would really like to get our Jamaican friend to come cook and play music. But! First year, no. Let's see how it goes. Dave and I thought about a lot of this stuff. We didn't want to discourage people from coming with some upfront cover charge.

We had no idea of the level of interest. This is great.

The state keeps sliding the Lodge opening date. So, the lodge restaurant may or may not be open. In short, I think we're on our own.

Steve,

If you can take charge of the list I've started, that would be great. I'm finding myself on the road more and more lately.

I've started gathering some supplies. (Plates/cups/...)

I know the people flying in are limited. We're just glad you're coming. We'll make this all work.

We, "Locals", will get this going.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:09 pm

Okay, let's start with a simple question:

Is that Jerk Chicken for 50 people? Or is that Jerk chicken as a dish and everyone else kinda bring a dish as well ??

Steve

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:54 pm

I figured weeks ago we would have 40-50 people. When making Jambalaya or any other group feed, its just as easy to make for 50 as 20.
You can always heat it up the next day !

I will bring all the bowls, utensils , etc for it also .
I was hoping the lodge restaurant will be open for breakfast. If you have ever been to an Alabama State Parks lodge, you know how good that is.
One thing for sure, we wont go hungry .
Bob
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

kens

Postby kens » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:08 pm

Bill posted a topic re: 'who's going to be there Friday night'.
This should answer a lot of your question.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:29 pm

Ken brought this up and I agree.

It is getting to be a lot of folks. I at first assumed to be 20 or so people. Now it looks like 40-45 just on Friday.
I would like to recruit help with side dish like salad, bread, dessert, drinks, etc., etc. Since there is such a crowd for Fri., why not let others bring a side dish to help fill out for the bigger crowd, and they can get involved a little too, with their "favorite" special sidedish recipe.

I am not cooking on Sat. though. All those other guys can cuss/discuss the gumbo, jambaylayya, chowder, etc., etc for Saturday.

Jump in folks,

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:36 pm

I think maybe it'd be easiest if we did some kind of semi-organized Pot Luck type of dinners. Something where not any one person is responsible for feeding the crew, but where we can all enjoy a meal together and enjoy each others company.

Looks like we'll be staying at the campground, unless the weather's bad, then we'll get a hotel in town. Hopefully, the weather will be nice so that we won't have to drive back. Anyway, I'll have a gas burner with a big pot of gumbo on it. It'll be enough that everyone who wants some should be able to have some, however, it won't be enough to be a stand alone meal for everyone. We'll get there hopefully around 4:00 PM on Friday. I'll do the gumbo either Friday or Saturday, your call. Also, we'll gladly bring side dishes, desserts, appetizers, etc.. Just let us know.

I''m glad you're taking this bull by the horns, Leakcheck. I'd hate for everyone to bring a bunch of food and a lot of it go to waste.

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:42 pm

Why don't I commit to:

- Several cases of Molson

AND

- Sunday"Canadian" Breakfast.... (Mr. Hot Rod... I don't mean "Tim Bits and a Double-Double")... probably pancakes, REAL Maple Syrup, juice, coffee fruit.... (something I can pull together down there with whatever gear's available in the cabin I've rented)

I can take the count on Saturday and run to town for stuff I need.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:05 pm

I love Candien (Canadian!) bacon...I hate REAL maple syrup (From NH no less eh?) Gimme that Aunt Jemima stuff with extra butta !!! ...

OKay, here is what we have so far... NOTHING !!!

Everyone hold the phone until I get a chance to speak with Bill Edmunson and find out what he is really thinking, then he and I will come up with a concrete plan: we might even assign someone to do something special (assignment here meaning asking politely)...We do not want any ONE person doing 80% of anything (although I wouldnt mind doing that myself)... I am going to run a few things by Bill in private emails and report back to you well before time to head to the lake !!

STAY TUNED !!

Steve

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:06 pm

I love Candien (Canadian!) bacon...I hate REAL maple syrup (From NH no less eh?) Gimme that Aunt Jemima stuff with extra butta !!! ...

OKay, here is what we have so far... NOTHING !!!

Everyone hold the phone until I get a chance to speak with Bill Edmunson and find out what he is really thinking, then he and I will come up with a concrete plan: we might even assign someone to do something special (assignment here meaning asking politely)...We do not want any ONE person doing 80% of anything (although I wouldnt mind doing that myself)... I am going to run a few things by Bill in private emails and report back to you well before time to head to the lake !!

STAY TUNED !!

Steve

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:06 pm

sorry for the double post..the first time I hit the submit button it said I was a bug or something.

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:11 pm

OK, Ken and I will get a Low Country Boil and Jerk Chicken Friday Night.

The main boat ramp area/pavilions/picnic area/public area is first come first serve after Oct. 15. So, Saturday morning I'll be going to claim an area.

I'll take my camp stove for coffee and come up with pastries over there. This area is between the camp ground and the Lake Cabins.

Let's keep putting this together.

I'll be on the road tomorrow, trying to do some thing on the boat when I get home, then check in.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:35 pm

Okay so that is a final !!!

Ken and Bill have Friday night covered for the MAIN COURSE ONLY !!

Low country boil as defined in GAWJA is: sausage, shrimp, crab, red potatoes and corn on the cobb....or some variation there of...

I have no clue what the Jerk Chicken entails but have put an offer in to Bill to help out with that if possible..

Bill check your email.

ANother possibility is the Low Country Boil for Friday night
Jerk chicken for Saturday Night
Canadian breakfast Sunday morning

All other meals we are on our own.

Steve

(During both dinners there can be American fare: burgers and dogs on the side for those who do not eat the main course entrees)

I hereby commit to bringing the beer: as it stands right now that will be one keg of Michelob Amber Boch and one keg of Bud Lite.

Return to “Gathering 2007”