WARNING

Bill Edmundson

WARNING

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:39 am

From narduciemarine (I'm sure I've misspelled it. But, spellcheck isn't going to catch it!)

Bill,
I wanted to mention something about the Gathering and the Marine Police.
This will be the same weekend as the color cruise and the MP will be out in force, there will be a lot of traffic on the river. I wanted to give everyone bringing a working boat a heads up about this.
The MP have been taking a very serious approach to BUI this year. I live on the river in Decatur and I see them out every day pulling boats over and checking. BUI is a serious offense here with the same punishment as a DUI.
I didn't want to post this but maybe we can do that or make a flyer to hand out as the people show up.
I know Im a beer drinker and have been very careful this year when on the boat. I hope everyone has a good time but hate to see anyone get hauled off to jail.
Let me know what you think.
Bob

Be Aware :!: :wink:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Jimmy70

Postby Jimmy70 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:23 pm

Bill I think you brought up a good topic on this drinking and boating under the influnce. I was wondering myself how they patrol the water in that area and I am glad you posted it here for all to see and I hope they all read it too.
Jimmy70
Dreams are free, Reality cost money.

kens

Postby kens » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:39 pm

to be responsible and (politically correct), I guess we should put a sign next to the keg.

Smith Brother

Postby Smith Brother » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Don't worry, I WILL CARRY A BIG CLUB, you know I am the COP. Per Steve, I know you are saying, STEVE WHO??? :P That's what I'm saying too.

Dale in Indy
I AM ALWAYS DOING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. ~ Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:26 am

OH c'mon...don't tell me I am going to have to carry liability insurance now for supplying the beer !!! ...What is this world coming to? I know if they haul me away in cuffs you guys would take up a collection to bail me out................Right???......right?????

I think we all ride the boats in the morning, then we have lunch and a couple of beers, after desert we ride the boats some more..then at six we start to drink seriously !! I will have made it back to shore about then anyway!

St5eve

John K

Postby John K » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:15 am

I am not sure about Guntersville, but on Lake Weiss, you cannot even have it in the boat. This is a dry county and basically having it on the boat is the same as drinking and driving.

Return to “Gathering 2007”