Gathering Report!

Bill Edmundson

Gathering Report!

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:04 pm

I had a wonderful time! Thanks to all who came! Special thanks to the guys that brought and cooked food, helped with awards and registration, clean-up, ... & Glen-L.

The glen-L folks are great (Barry, Anke, Gayle and John).

We had more than 20 boats & even more builders & friends. :D I never heard a cross word, even toward me.

I'll back out now and let everybody else jump in.

BTW: Dale K. had an accident. But everyone is fine. I'm sorry it kept them from coming.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

terrymc

Postby terrymc » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:10 pm

Not to dis anybody, but I want to point out that us west coast guys were...

FIRST WITH PICUTRES... :D

and y'all are 3 hours ahead of us! :wink:

(but then y'all are probably nursing hangovers, to say nothing of what happens after you eat gumbo!!!) :twisted:

Peace,

TRM

Rich Coey

Postby Rich Coey » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:38 pm

First, thank you Delta Dawg for everything, Had a great time meeting everybody and seeing the boats, they all look better in person than in pictures. I have a few pictures and some video, give me a few days to get it together and post it. Terry your boat is Beautiful, just a dead battery ???? I really wanted to see that boat run. Bill and Brooke, The boat looks great, especialy running on the water, you should be very proud.

Rich Coey

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:55 pm

:lol: First Pictures :?: Last Laugh! More to come!

We have folks still on the road. Three have more than 1000 miles to travel. Some have not left, yet.

Way too much Food! Too much beer, even after drinking too much beer. But, nobody, nobody out of hand! (Well, then there's Leakcheck!).

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

John Bowen

Postby John Bowen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:04 pm

Bill, I just got in.

Are you talking about Dale from Indy?

It was great to meet everyone! Talk about a good time, glad everyone put up with me for not having a build yet and not staying to sober :roll: . I also wish to thank everyone who put out all the great food (yes, you to Steve :shock: ).

More later, I'm going to go sleep for a few days now.
One day.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:45 am

John,

The accident was Dale K. from Dalton GA. Totaled their car. But, everyone is OK.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:04 am

This Gathering was enjoyed by all in the Narducci clan. It could not have gone better! We all had a great time and hope that everyone gets home OK.
How about that Leakcheck setup !

That was the best chicken I have eaten, and I consider myself a pretty good BBQ'er.

Great people, great food and cold beer. Not to mention the great weather.

Many thanks to Bill, Steve, The Glen-l party, and anyone else I forgot.
It was worth the wait. Next weekend is going to seem dull.
Bob and family
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:26 am

Bob...next w/e get started on the new boat!!!!

We had an awesome time as well.Debbie was very pleased as she didn't know what to expect,the boats,food & people were fantastic(even Leakcheck!!LOL).

Hope to see you all next year again

kens

Postby kens » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:44 am

Thanks for all you guys help, coupling bolts, a Great pic of the boat, THANKS.
Thanks Tom for help with the awards.

I realized on the way home that I only have ONE picture of my boat, I was so busy with everything else, that I never picked up my camera. Can you guys help me with some pics if you have any?

Then about a minute later I had a blowout on I-75 outside Damnlanta. Lost the left front truck tire in heavy traffic. KAAaa-Blaammm!! It was even more exciting than crashing the dock. I got it pulled to the shoulder though, damaged the rim getting off the highway.
What a fun time I had. You guys are great.

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:25 am

Warren,
My son-in law took the frame kit home yesterday. I am going to help him set up the building jig this weekend. He is excited about starting a build and the grandkids are excited too. Mike has never built a boat but he has built some very nice built-in cabinets so I dont think he will have any trouble.
Ken, I can imagine you didnt have time for a camera, talk about a thrashmeister!
And the smooth talking, ticket squashing you did with the Marine Police.

Bob
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short

http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:58 am

Thanks everyone. Melanie and I had a terrific time meeting everyone and seeing all of the beautiful boats.

Special thanks to Tom Drake for taking us on a ride in his Zip and Butch Barto for riding us on his Tahoe.

I've posted a few pictures on my website. Below is the link.

http://jeffshomemadeboat.zoomshare.com/1.shtml/Boat%20Gathering%20Pictures/pages/1

Lewis Barrett

Postby Lewis Barrett » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:55 am

The Gathering was a great Idea and lots of fun. I just wish I could have stayed for Saturday night. I had to leave about the time Leakcheck started grilling the chicken. Man it was hard to leave, but the inlaws were waiting so I had to go. I'll plan a little better next year and hopefully have the Monaco ready.

It was great putting faces with names and being able to see how builders handled certain things I haven't done yet. I was impressed by the craftsmanship of all the boats.

David

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:00 pm

Wow! Wow! Wow! Not very original, but that was my impression of the Gathering in Alabama. I had a wonderful time--it was everything I'd hoped for and even more.

Meeting all of you was a true pleasure and inspiration. I really enjoyed talking with so many of you and getting to know a little more about each of you. Even Leakcheck, in spite of his wildly inappropriate comments, was a pleasure to meet. :oops:

Leakcheck--I do apologize for not pushing (or kicking) you into the lake, but I took a look at the lakeshore around the Pavillion and all of the rocks below and thought it would be inappropriate to kill you at our first Gathering... maybe next time.

Thank you so much to each and every one of you who attended--I hope you had as much fun as I did. My husband John really enjoyed himself as well. However, it seems that whenever he went into the cabin to take a break, he ended up falling asleep! That's what happens when you work nights.

I got lots of video and my computer is currently working busily to burn it onto DVD. My plan is to get snippets of it posted online and I'll let you know when it's ready.

BTW, does anyone know who ended up with the final list of all of the attendees? Kens thought that maybe Tom Drake has it. Whoever does, could you fax it to me at 562-630-6280? Thank you!
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

terrymc

Postby terrymc » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:06 pm

Jeff,

Great pictures!

Wish I could have been there...

TRM

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:30 pm

Gayle,

Tom Drake is the official keeper of "The List".

I can't say enough of the Great People who worked on this... AND Everybody just jumped in on a moments notice.

Yeah, some of it was planned. But, everyone was flexible and jumped in when things changed. Nobody got upset, they just handled the situation.

We have pictures of Kens FIRST SPLASH. You have to have that!

We loved meeting John, Barry and Anke! :D

Well, and you, too. :roll:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2007”