Gathering Report!

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:41 pm

Gayle we loved the video....what a nice holiday gift!
Thanks

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:11 pm

I am still on the floor laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She finally was able to get a zinger back at me...hope it is on your copies too...

Toward the end John has a video of Gayle standing there in this absolutely amazing nightgown holding a sign: ...wait I have to set this up properly..the music in the background is M C Hammer.......so I will let you fill in the blanks on what the poster says that she is holding (Holding to the SIDE I might say!)
Starts with:
.....".Leakcheck....................................................................................."

Wow, my life is complete !

Steve

PS...Yes, my wife watched it with me !

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:13 pm

the only reason the Zip is listing to port (Other than some "portly problems") is that Tom seems to be cozzying up to Dave .dontchathink? :?: :?:

Steve

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:10 pm

Dave - I was watching the DVD last night, and Tom's ZIP seemed to list to starboard when it returned to the dock. What gives?

Also on the DVD --- there wasn't much footage from Sunday, but seeing that little bit and the fresh breeze reminds me exactly why I couldn't leave that day without taking the C22 out for a quick sail. Perfect! Thanks again for the help that day, Scott W.(swidm)!
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:16 pm

leakcheck wrote:She finally was able to get a zinger back at me...hope it is on your copies too...

Oh, that's not all. Maybe you haven't read the entire newsletter. You gotta scroll down past all the info on the Gathering. Muchos kudos to Gayle for THAT one.

Bill E wrote:Dave - I was watching the DVD last night, and Tom's ZIP seemed to list to starboard when it returned to the dock. What gives?

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I just can't figure it out. LOL But Miss Connie is absolutely convinced that our Zip is going to have the EXACT same problem. :?
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:21 am

Dave,

Just move the steering to the other side! :shock: Then it might not list to port! :lol:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:27 am

If I was Dave (but I'm not)

I would build the zip...but a center steering wheel and center (front) seat with two seats (smaller) slightly aft of the front center seat and you would be pretty much gauranteed to keep that puppy plumb and level !

Hey, make it a five seater...with the steering even further forward..you might have to put the trim tabs on the front..but hey, let's think outside the boat :lol:

Steve

Wait, on second thought, don't anybody steal that idea, that's mine and I'm gonna build it !!

Wait, if I took Gayle for a ride she wouldnt be able to sit beside me :roll:

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:07 am

We just discovered a discrepancy in the Gathering photos that are in the current Newsletter. The pages from 24-37 were duplicates, but they have been updated now if you want to check them out. You may need to click on the "reload" or "refresh" button for each of those pages to get the current one. Here is the link:
http://www.glen-l.com/gathering/2007-wl ... frame.html
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:19 pm

Man, i thought Barry was gray !!...Then I saw the pictures of Gary McCusker...holy smokes...he must be six hundred and thirty seven eight. :P

Steve

PS..There is an additional picture of Gayle in the new set, suitable for framing. My wife drew a moustache on my copy ! :wink:

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:34 pm

leakcheck wrote:...holy smokes...he must be six hundred and thirty seven eight. :P

That look cost him a dollar three eighty.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:10 pm

Hey leakcheck, if you put your dvd player on slo mo when Gayle gets out of Butch's boat after getting wet, she looks just like one of those supermodels shaking the water out of her hair. You might want to do it when your wife is out.

Keith

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:16 am

I gotta find the DVD...i think my wife confiscated it on me ...!!! :o

It's like she thinks I'm 13 or something.. :?

Steve :roll:

Thanks for the tip?

Don't forget to let me know when that gathering is that you go to each year so I can haul the tug up there.

PapaDon

Postby PapaDon » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:21 am

Gathering video???? DVD????? I have looked high and low for it on this site and have had no luck. Was it just a DVD sent out to attendees? If its here, where it be? Also, I haven't received the last two newsletters in my E-mail as in the past. I'm beginning to feel like the red-headed stepchild here. ('cept I'm bald) :cry:
If God had intended for us to have fibreglass boats, we would have fibreglass trees.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:25 am

I kind of think it went out to attendee's!
Re-register for the newsletter maybe

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:08 pm

Hey leakcheck, that gathering will be on Saturday June 21 at Hart state park on lake Hartwell. I'll be there by Thursday to get things started or maybe earlier. This year will be our biggest to date. We are planning lots of things to do, we might even have a beer brewing class complete with a keg of homebrew. You don't want to miss that! There's a campground and cabins to rent, but if you choose a cabin you might want to make reservations asap. It's been a great time every year. Hope you can make it

Keith

Return to “Gathering 2007”