2008 Gathering

kens

2008 Gathering

Postby kens » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:39 am

Now that the Gathering event went so very well, I would like to propose
No Changes to Gathering 2008.
It works good, dont mess with it. Let's schedule for the fall colors of 2008, same place, same time.
I just think that any changes would be messing with success.

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:14 am

When you decide on the exact dates are you going to let me know what they are or will they be the weekend after the actual Gathering ?

Steve

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:15 am

they will be Thurs-Fri next time....that way you'll show up with the beer on Fri-Sat!!!!! :roll: :lol:

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:21 am

oooohhhhhhhhh...TOUCHE !!! .... The only reason I was not able to post anything for a couple of days is I had to finish off both kegs which were about half full !!! THEY ARE EMPTY NOW !! >>>I am still working on my Gathering report !

Steve

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:18 pm

Ken, I'm with you in thinking that the Gathering was a great success and we shouldn't change anything. However, I'd prefer a spring date such as late April or early May instead of the fall date. While we had nice weather at the gathering, for future gatherings I think the chances of having nice weather in the spring is better than the fall. And I definitely think it would be warmer in the spring.

Also, my understanding of selecting the fall date was to see the colors, but we were too early for them. And if we pushed the date back to see better colors, then we'd really risk having cold weather.

Just my two cents.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:35 pm

I agree that spring would be pretty& warmer,but we don't want to "compete" with the already planned west coast meet in case some can make that one in an either/or situation.

I like the Guntersville location.

Maybe we should check & see when the "magic chicken truck " is available!!!! :wink:

(Opps! Did I really say that? Now he'll get a big head!!!) :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:40 pm

(Opps! Did I really say that? Now he'll get a big head!!!)

Too Late! :roll:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Well then, I think it is time to post a poll:
hot weather, or, Fall October.
Bill, wanna post this?

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:17 pm

First: I want to stake claim to brining the beer and the chicken this time..and i will be on time. I will bring all three grilling set ups in stead of the just one and I will have plenty of chicken...I will leave out the french fries cuz no one ate them...or maybe I just didnt realize people were eating them cuz I came back with five bags of fries.

Time of year does not matter to me, i will follow your lead on this one...I just liked getting together.

Steve

PS..Sure hope I didnt make a fool out of myself? :roll: :?

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:22 pm

PS..Sure hope I didnt make a fool out of myself? :roll: :?[/quote]

No more than normal!!!

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:38 pm

And I promise that if you guys let me do both evening meals I will have Chicken and fixins the first night and the going away evening meal will be New York Strip cut to order and cooked to perfection saddled with shrimp wrapped in bacon. (Someone else will have to provide the big ass shrimp cuz I dont live near the water and I know you can get some really hoss ones there)

That is my pledge...just tell me when to start and I will get on it !!!

Beer, chicken, shrimp and steak....

Steve

I have a line but Gayle would absolutely kill me ~!

Hey UPS TRUCKER>>>what is NORMAL ?

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:41 pm

Holy Mocha...is Riddley on the ball or what...we already have a heading for the Gathering 2008...probably the sticky poll should be first for the time of year....great going !

Steve

Jimmy70

Postby Jimmy70 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:50 pm

I would like to opt for the May meeting myself. I think that the weather would be more to all of our likings and besides I hate being cold, old bones I guess.
Steve it sounds like you got the plans setup already and that is great for the cookout. I really liked that setup you had for grilling and also you done a fine job on the chicken too.
Jimmy70
Dreams are free, Reality cost money.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:10 pm

West coast is May 18. Mothers Day is probably the 11th. Then there is the holiday weekend.

I don't have an '08 calender, yet. But, that kinda limits the choices.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:28 am

Keep in mind that one of the things that made the event so good was accomodations.
We had the whole Park to ourselves.
Scheduling in MAY, we aint gonna get all the cabins, rooms, in a close circle like we just did.

Return to “Gathering 2008”