2008 Gathering

kens

Postby kens » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:39 am

Kicknbak :
So, umm, when you gonna start building?
Several guys brung their 'work in progress' to the Gathering.
Would like to see yours there too.

Kicknbak

Postby Kicknbak » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:38 am

Wow! I really screwed that up somehow Kens. I'm sure (almost) that I hit reply, but it took it as a new post. Your answer then is the start of a new "Gathering" 2008 post Will get this thing yet. And I wish to build a boat??? :oops:

Roger
Take the time to do it right....
Or have the time to do it over.

doutboard

The gathering 2008

Postby doutboard » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:34 pm

I just joined the forum. I am interested in attending the Gathering in Ala.I should have a Monaco finished by then and would like to bring it. Are there any cabins or rooms left? Who do I contact to find out more about the event. Appreciate any help, David
All things are better near the water

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:25 pm

David,
Welcome.

The Gathering is a take care of you self event. Well, so to speak. Leakcheck tied up a bunch of the Lakeside Cabins and will release them to builders. The lodge just reopened up on top of the mountain. They have over 100 rooms. There is also a large camp ground. In town (6 miles) there are hotels.

Leakcheck, Steve, will be hard to contact until after Lent.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:14 pm

Ok! Leakcheck (Steve),

Are you going to release one of those cabins to me? Or, are you going to hold those cheap shots against me? :roll:

I promise! I'll never do it again :!: Unless, I forget. :shock:

:cry: Bill :cry:
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:04 pm

WOW! :o :shock: :D

Looks like we could have Butch Barto's, Bruce Dow's, Bob Perkins's, David Lewis's and my boats in the water at Guntersville!

That's a lot of Mahogany! :D

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Hey Bill, let me know if you need one of the cabins. I think the way I will dole out the cabins is by finished boats first, unfinished boats, second (but you have to bring them)..and then John Bowen and I get the pick of the litter !!!

Steve

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:52 pm

Bring your tent Steve!!! :wink:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:12 pm

We'll need one of the cabins. Lakefront with a view, maid service, ... :wink:

:shock: Oh Yea. There all good. :)

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

John Bowen

Postby John Bowen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:47 am

leakcheck wrote:.and then John Bowen and I get the pick of the litter !!!

Steve

hmmmm, litter(?), Lolas? Bill and Viv will have ta invite a few single ones this next time :roll:

:wink:
One day.

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:34 am

NOw THAT's funny !! The ONE time I am thinking litter as in "cabins" NOT EVEN THINKING WOMEN !! ...but my trusty roomy jumps right on that one and pulls me back on track !!

Gotta love that John !! :wink:

Steve

Let me know when you guys want to start cabin assignments...and let me know what would be the most "diplomatic" way to release them. (I am really into diplomacy and political correctness you know !!!)

There is a chance that all of the people who were there last year will be there this year...maybe they should have first chance at the same cabins..then everyone with a boat etc... let me know what you guys think and then we will start a cabin thread until they are gone.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:05 am

Steve,
Debbie & I already have our cabin reserved through the park just for your info.
Warren

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:18 am

Warren - So you're saying that you don't have to suck up to Steve between now and the time he makes the cabin assignments? :wink:

I wonder where I'll fall in this cabin assignment order... I was there last year, but I didn't have a cabin. I should have a boat there this year, but not a Glen-L. FYI, I was at Hector's this weekend for his awesome annual Cuban backyard pig roast, and I learned that his mother-in-law is getting remarried sometime in October. TBD whether he'll be able to make it this time around....

-wte
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:24 am

Hey Bill,looking forward to seeing you again in Oct.

Did they use MOJO to marinate the pig??I've gotten to really dig Mojo & use it all the time.We Love Cuban food.

Good luck with the room thing

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:27 am

Debbie's daughter Ashley will be there with us this year(with her new boat if I get off my butt & get it built in time),otherwise someone could stay in the second bedroom if she wasn't there.

Return to “Gathering 2008”