2008 Gathering

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Steve,

Thanks. :x :P Man what a taste in my mouth! I'll call Wednesday. I'll probably go on Thursday, as I did last year.

It is time to start really talking this up and start making plans. I'll start a thread on who is coming in the next few days!

We can look at food a little later. But, start thinking about it.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Krugwaffle

Postby Krugwaffle » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm not sure how to work this out but I thought I'd mention that my family has reserved one of the cabins during the Gathering. Our vacation starts that weekend and we stay on at the lake for another two weeks afterwards. We usually make reservations for the next year as we're checking out so we're perpetually allocated cabin 432. We made reservations last year so we should be set. Just thought I'd mention this as the conversations were getting started up about the accommodations for the new Gathering.

For you guys, it's the big weekend. For us, it's just the start of a two week vacation, so we weren't sure whether to make arrangements with you guys or with the park. Since the park is the ultimate scheduling authority, we're reserved through them. They said they put a note in the reservation folder for you guys so you'd know we were occupying one cabin during the big get together.

It's going to be great this year. Good eats up at the lodge for those meals you don't want to make yourself. Namely BREAKFAST! They had a fantastic breakfast buffet in years past. I can't wait to see what they've done with the place since the remodeling.

Don't know what to tell you about the weather though. Right now it's shaping up to be an extremely cold, early fall/winter. Of course this will all depend on how the winds blow but they've had a very late, cold spring and summer is just now getting started. Maybe it will hang on to give a warm weekend for the Gathering.
Enough youth, now how 'bout a fountain of SMART!

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Bill/Ken

Would you guys be willing to coordinate the event as you did last year?
I think you did a remarkable job. I will try to provide a surprise, have to start thinking about it.

You know what I can do for food, so I am open to assignments. I am willing to do the chicken again, and I will bring deep fryers for french fries (I think I started drinking too early last year and we never got to the fries..I won't drink this year) I would also like to do some bacon wrapped deep fried shrimp, and OH YES..the beer..please specify brand. I think I will only get 1/4 kegs this year, unless you think we can drink more...I had to drink for two weeks solid once I got back to empty those suckers !!

Steve

PS...I think my wife is coming...REMEMBER..THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR WE HAVVE HELD THIS>>AND I HAVE NEVER MET GAYLE or A LOLA

kens

Postby kens » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:36 pm

leakcheck wrote:Bill/Ken

Would you guys be willing to coordinate the event as you did last year?
I think you did a remarkable job. I will try to provide a surprise, have to start thinking about it.
You surprised us last year by being late with the beer

You know what I can do for food, so I am open to assignments. I am willing to do the chicken again, and I will bring deep fryers for french fries (I think I started drinking too early last year and we never got to the fries..I won't drink this year)
Actually, you started drinking late, when beer got there..........

I would also like to do some bacon wrapped deep fried shrimp, and OH YES..the beer..please specify brand.
The best brand would be "On Time"
I think I will only get 1/4 kegs this year, unless you think we can drink more...I had to drink for two weeks solid once I got back to empty those suckers !!

Steve

PS...I think my wife is coming...REMEMBER..THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR WE HAVVE HELD THIS>>AND I HAVE NEVER MET GAYLE or A LOLA

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Holy SMOKES !!! One post and I get THREE, count em...3 freaking whammy blammy slammys...let me get the knife out of my back..whoa..it is in kinda deep !!...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

OKay already..I'll surprise you and show up on THURSDAY !!

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:02 pm

I need to think about this a little bit. But, we do need to split the responsibilities earlier this year. Coming down to the last month thinking that you have the whole thing is really bad.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:27 pm

leakcheck wrote:Holy SMOKES !!! One post and I get THREE, count em...3 freaking whammy blammy slammys...let me get the knife out of my back..whoa..it is in kinda deep !!...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

OKay already..I'll surprise you and show up on THURSDAY !!

Steve

Hey, Steve - the biggest surprise of all would be if you actually brought the makings of a Glen-L boat!

-wte

Here, Steve let me help... I think that knife just needs a little twist....
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:50 am

Bill E !!!!

Hey, that means that last year I qualified !! I brought a Squirt frame kit !!!!

:lol: :lol: :wink: :roll:

This year I will be happy just to get the tug boat in the water, I am going to pull it out later tonight..it has been in the lake since i got back from Guntersville last year...can't wait to see what shape the bottom is in !!

Steve

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:55 am

I'll let Matt know you might be looking for some help.

-wte

(obscure reference here)

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:33 am

I just saw pictures of that Tug Boat in the water! :) And, Steve's house construction.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:17 am

Ummmmm...kinda sad story bout lil Matt. He was caught breaking into my house through the master bedroom window, went upstairs and stole my daughters money jar.

Don't think he will be over here any time soon !!!

Bill...I hope you saw the front of the house and not the back...I have the entire back of the house torn off practically !!!

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:48 am

:lol: Actually, I saw it all the way around. Looks like scaffolding around back. :wink:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:17 pm

Yup that is all scaffold. Raised that roof on the main section of the house and there will be two balconys from the two french doors on the second floor...then the small roof on the far right will be raised as well, the entire back will have hardi-plank...first floor (from the back it looks like the second floor cuz it is a walk out basement) will have three 10 foot four panel sliders and one 12 ft four panel slider...basement will have an additional two..then someday there will be a full deck across the entire back of the house about twenty by 60 or whatever the length is.

And you think I have been sitting on my hands !!! :roll: :roll:

Don't worry, it isnt all coming together fast enough for my wife !!

All it takes is time and money !!

Steve

If you saw the front..the garage will have garage door on the right side..and entry door on the left side, tht will become the kitchen..and it goes on and on and on !!

My wife calls my scaffold a redneck deck...it goes up and down to fetch beer and everything...it can be the first floor deck or the second floor deck !

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Hey - where are these pictures, or did Edmundson actually pay you a visit?

-wte

PM or EM if you don't want to post publicly... still waiting on that call to come over with the nail gun! (Seriously!)

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Bill E ...I think you can get actually pictures (from about a year or two ago) on line on the Cobb County Tax web site or something...Bill Ed might have the address..

Bill Edmunson came over for a beer though, so I gave him the tour and a ride in the tug boat !! :roll: :roll:

Steve

Hey, I might take you up on the nail gun thing someday..you never kjnow..But you won't even have to bring one..I have plenty !

Return to “Gathering 2008”