2008 Gathering

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:47 pm

it's fine Bruce, just want to make sure there is plenty of room, or Gayle will end up with me in my cabin (AGAIN!)

STeve

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:49 pm

I bet I could hang that 18 off the back and just about keep up with Bob !..that would be soooooo cool !

How fast do we have to go to get to Chatanooga on time anyway?

Steve

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:55 pm

just fast enough to beat them or just before the beer runs out....whichever comes first! :shock: :roll: :lol:

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:30 pm

I'll have the beer....so I have a feeling they will be sticking with me regardless of what speed I will be holding !

Steve

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:54 pm

Think again BIG TIME CHARLIE, I mean STEVE. Remember I will be wearing my officers BADGE, so I will have ARREST POWERS, BUSTER.

Dale in Indy

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:18 am

Over the last couple of weeks, I haven't been able to eat chicken. After having Steve's at the Gathering, no other chicken is the same anymore. I'll be at the next Gathering just to get some "correct and proper" chicken. ....and then maybe wash it down with some 2 buck chuck. LOL
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

narduccimarine

Post by narduccimarine » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:19 pm

Right you are Dave. I came home and tried the 'recipe' but I guess I didnt get it right. It was OK but paled next to the Chicken meister.
I will keep trying though, I have some other good Grilling recipes.
I havent been on the forum much since getting home, I had to finish up the siding job on the house. After thrashing just to get the cracker to the Gathering in a semi- finished state, the 'Boss' made me finish up the Wall, ( 60' long and 45' high ) Had to rent a manlift that put the boating and roadster project fund in the s---er !
I did winterize the Checkmate though
I did get the son and son-in-law to provide free labor though, I guess inviting them to a 'Gathering ' helped
The Cracker project is now on hold until January while I build the '32 chassis. The Squirt project will start at Grandkids house right after the new year.
Bob
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Okay guys..you are TOO kind. I hope it was half as good as you say it was...I didnt have any !! (drinking...) I prefer 3-1/2 pounders/...those were big ones..maybe it was better hmmmm...will try to repeat next year though...

I think the new york strip and bacon wrapped shrimp might top it thought!!

I cant wait !!

I want someone else to take over the frys...I dont think I made any after the first batch, and those really are good with good fresh oil !

Bob, send me your snail mail address, I have a couple of things for you for the squirt.

Steve

Now that is a freaking wall !!! Glad you are okay !!

Leakcheck@bellsouth.net

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:05 am

Bob,
What style are you building on the 32? Roadster,sedan,coupe,Vickie? Fenders or highboy,lowboy?
I just picked up a new tri-power set-up off E-bay before the Gathering for my coupe build

narduccimarine

Post by narduccimarine » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:25 am

32 roadster, steel body no fenders.
Probably SBC powered but am considering a 5.0 liter ford
Super bell 4" drop axle, coilover rear with 4 link. 9 in ford rear
I am Z'ing the frame front and rear to get it low.
I guess you would call it a low highboy
The frame will be 4x2 tubing with formed valances to get the shape of the 32 body. A lot of the high price one off customs are going this way . It makes a nice strong frame.
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:13 am

No highjacking! :lol:

Move it to Misc.
:wink:
Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:08 pm

:oops: sorry! :cry:

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:04 pm

We called today to try to get a cabin but they were all gone .Did someone reserve them all if so we would like to get in one

Bob Maskel

Post by Bob Maskel » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:12 am

Butch, this was posted in Nov and is on the previous page. I'm not sure if we go through Leakcheck or if they are reserved under "The Gathering", "Glen-L" or something else although I think it says somewhere on the previous pages, I just haven't looked.

Bob
----------------------------------------------------------

Bruce,

There shouldnt be any cabins left. I think I took the last 12 or 15...hmmmm..maybe I should check..unless you told them you were with Glen-L and they gave you one of mine.

Steve

I think I will throw an outboard on the tug so I can make the run to chattanooga too

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:30 pm

I think, Leakcheck left us at his mercy. He grabbed everything he could. Please, Pleasssseees Steve can we come.

Lauren gives you the finger. The Lodge is open again. So, more rooms just opened up!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2008”